Chapter 18

We never ended up going to Ryan's cook out. To make it up to me Axton took me out on a date. A real date as well which come few and far between. We told our families of the situation and reassured me I can talk to them anytime. This also warranted a lecture on how we're too young to be parents and that I've learned the first part of my lesson by feeling this way. As a hormonal teen, I chose to ignore this long winded argument. Today, however, is a special day. We're moving into our apartment today. Leon got some people to help us move in the furniture that we bought using all my savings and a bit of Axton's. We decided not to tap into any of Axton's savings after I found out how much it was, so we can save up for a nice car or a house. So the stuff we got was mostly craigslist items which are okay with us but Bianca wouldn't let us do that to our kid so, in the end, she bought him a few things.

       Since I am more of a nuisance than help I was put on organization duty and I made sure people knew where to put boxes and things. As I was unpacking the kitchen a small grayish tan suede couch came through our doors. I stop to ask the men moving it and they simply said my mother told them to bring it in. It was put in the living room and I gawk, it wasn't an expensive looking couch but it was much better than the one we had gotten. I want to go question her but trust me when I say going downstairs is harder than going up. A TV is moved in this time making me gape. Who the hell? I question Grace and he said Axton got it.

       "Axton, why did you buy a TV?" I question him as soon as he enters the apartment again.

       "I didn't," He answers watching as they set it up on the TV stand we also didn't buy. "I don't even watch TV."

       The four horsemen walk through the door earning a sharp glare from me. I question them about the items but they feign ignorance and help us unpack. After about thirty minutes I feel too heavy and plop down on the couch. Axton notices and sits on our coffee table so he can massage my feet and roll out my ankles. He also rubs lotion on my stomach from time to time to ease the constant sting from stretching.

       "So, uh, Jacob," One of Leon's colleagues calls to me making me roll my eyes because I already know what he's going to ask. "How is it? Being pregnant and all?"

       "Why don't you find out for yourself?" Axton says with a wink before I could answer. Although I know he was just trying to avoid the question I couldn't help but kick him for flirting with another guy right in front of me.

       "Watch yourself, O'Hara," I growl. He kisses my leg as an apology

       However, kudos to him because the topic was successfully avoided. After my break, I went back to unpacking. Thanks to all the extra hands we had we finished unpacking and setting up everything within an hour and a half. Our parents and friends stayed after we finished and I thanked them by cooking some pasta primavera.

       "When's your due date?" Grace asked spitting food

       "Like June something," I answered sluggishly. "But it doesn't matter because I'm getting a scheduled cesarean earlier than that."

       "Wait, what?" My mother questioned. I forgot that I went to my recent doctor's appointment alone so I need to tell them some things.

       "Apparently he's causing a few organs to be squished so they can't allow him to gain too much weight but they don't want me to go into labor too early. So I think that at the end of April or the beginning of May they're going to schedule me a c-section," I explain.

       "Jacob, that's only seven weeks away," Bianca exclaimed. "What else did they say?"

       "Adjust him every so often or else one of these days his kick is going rip my liver," I say and they gasp.