Chapter 9

We couldn't afford to miss any more school. Last night I filled myself with those awful smelling yet undeniably delicious oysters and fell asleep immediately afterward. Because of this, we were not able to speak to Axton's dad. Not like my weariness matter because as we made our way to Axton's car to go to school Leon pulled into the yard. He was running on E and we thought it best not to ask him about it. His architectural firm has been super busy lately so he pulls more all-nighters than he actually sleeps. At least that's what Axton said.

       At school, I felt as though everyone knew of my pregnancy. I told Axton I wanted to go to school as normal as possible since he offered to take to classes. My bump had barely started to rise so I'm not worried about that. There was one thing that I noticed that was slightly different than normal. A few people who I knew here and there would say hello to me. Some of them I really didn't know they were just in my class.

       When lunch came around Callie was happy to see me seeing as though I had skipped two days of school. We walked towards the vending machine where I was trying decide on what soda to get after the machine had already eaten my dollar.

       "You should really decide before you put the money in the machine," Callie said making me frown. As if I didn't know already.

       A hand reached out and put in the code for a bottle of green tea. Before I could even turn around to see who was so bold arms wrapped around my stomach and slowly began to rub circles in it.

       "You shouldn't drink soda," Axton said into my ear making me cringe away. I bent down and took the bottle.

       When I turned around I saw Axton and a few of his friends I didn't know personally. They were most likely from the basketball team.

       "Oh god!" Callie exasperated. "Just date already."

       "We already are," I told her in a duh tone. "Well, at least I think we are."

       "How could we not be?" He agreed as he slung an arm around my shoulder.

       I threw it off me and gagged. He smelled like musty shoes. He must be in the gym for lunch playing basketball. I told him never to touch me while he was sweaty and he agreed with a smile. He's so happy it actually makes me sick sometimes. Callie and I went back to the cafeteria and they got their drinks.

       Going home was tense. I had to go home for a few things. Both cars were in the driveway as well as Brendan's car. My heart jumped slightly at him knowing but when Axton gave me his goofy smile I realized I could care less. We got out the car and I used the key to unlocking the front door. I walked past them with no emotion and Axton followed like a puppy. I grabbed my favorite books and my laptop. Walking out I was met with Brendan.

       "Is it true? Are you pregnant Jacob?" He asked and I nodded. "And he's the asshole who did it?"

       I was scared to answer the question because of the scary look on my older brother's face. His gaze felt as though he had the capability to murder Axton. But of course, this fucking idiot had to introduce himself to my brother. My brother pushed me aside and punched Axton in the face. Axton didn't fight it instead he stood and took it.

       "That's for having unprotected sex," Brendan said. He also brought Axton into a hug. "This is for taking responsibility."

       "Brendan don't encourage them!" My mother exclaimed

       "There is nothing we can do now Mother! He's pregnant get over it!" Brendan shouted at her. "You don't want me to get married! Jacob can't be gay! What can we do mother! What the fuck can we do?!"

       "Brendan calms down," My father said. "Give Deborah time to adjust."

       "Eat your words old fuck!" Brendan growled out. "If you don't agree with her just say so! You never call her by her first name but ever since this happened the only thing you call mother is Deborah."

       I had noticed the odd use of my mother's first name from my dad. He only ever calls her that when he's angry with her. Brendan dragged us out of the house and was seriously livid. Axton had my bag in one hand and my own hand in the other. His hands felt warm and safe and accepting. Brendan and Axton chat for a while before Brendan promises to visit me. We ride to Axton's house and I notice that his driving has gotten exceptionally better. He even checked his mirrors instead of just muttering a quick fuck it under his breath.

       When we got to his house his mother was there. I bragged to her about his skills and she laughed as he tried to argue. She knows. I lie down on the couch letting out a big sigh. Axton climbed atop me placing his head on stomach careful not to put all his weight on me. When Miss Bianca looked at us and had a big smile on her face.

       "What?" Axton asked his mother looking at her

       "Nothing," She said giggling

       "Just say it, mom," He said

"Maybe it's just me but this baby might just be the best thing that has ever happened."