Chapter 11

Axton didn't want to go to school without me. He's been like this since I started schooling online. He was especially grumpy today because I was going to go to my twenty week check up without him. Miss Bianca would be in his place and provided me all the support I need and more. He just didn't want me to be alone.

       "Oh my god Axton!" I snap. "Go to school before I slap the shit out of you!"

       "But Jacob-"

       I raise my hand and he flinched away and began to laugh. He must've thought that I wouldn't do it. He hugged me and finally said he would go. He gave me a kiss and another before he finally left. Miss Bianca and I got ready ourselves and left for the appointment. When we got there I was immediately taken in and given an ultrasound a few more doctors were in the room this time and the one I was seen by the other day was explaining the situation to the other doctors. They were marveled and continue to jot down notes on a clipboard and such. I was given some pictures and was told everything is fine except for my low iron and omega-3.

       When we left the hospital Miss Bianca drove us to CVS where we picked out some prenatal vitamins which I have been neglecting to get. The same lady who sold me the test was there and she gave me a bright smile. Her eyes traveled down and when she noticed my itty bitty bump her eyes gleam.

       "How precious," She said as she rang us up.

       I gave her a smile in return and left. Miss Bianca felt the need to cook for me as soon as we got home and ordered me to take my medicine. I did so after changing into more comfortable clothes. I lie on the couch rubbing a hand on my bump and sigh. My bump is slightly bigger than what it should be at my stage but the doctors say it's because my body isn't designed to stretch and I should gain at least twenty pounds if I don't want my skin to rip and my guts to fall out. Well, they didn't say it like that but still. I ate lunch with Miss Bianca and she was called out to hang with some friends so I sat home alone. My online school wanted me to start at the beginning of next week so I have nothing to do.

       I grab the laptop that was sitting on the coffee table and look up things about my pregnancy. After looking it up I began to feel slightly stupid. Guys are out here getting pregnant left and right whether their transgender or what but it's happening. That's why people aren't that freaked out by it. I sigh and close the laptop up for a nap.

       When I woke up Nicole and Callie were in my face. I shot up connecting my head with Callie's. We both let out a pain-filled sound before fully acknowledging each other. I look at Axton who looked like a small bean compared to Grace. Grace is a wrestler and could crush Axton if he wanted to. I slowly sat up and Callie glared at me.

       "You're pregnant," She scowled. "And you didn't tell us."

       "I know and I'm sorry but I found out only a handful weeks ago," I try to reason

       "Aren't we your friends?" Grace asked

       "I know. But I know you guys so well that sometimes I don't feel the need to tell you anything because I think you guys already know," I say and Nicole sucked her teeth

       "That was such a good answer it actually made me sick," Nicole said and the tense moment was gone.

       Grace let Axton go and he scurried to my side. I pat his arm that was wrapped around me in a comforting way. He lies down on me and my friends took at a seat. Miss Bianca who had returned placed chicken salad and crackers in front of me. Axton fed me one before I began to eat my snack happily.

       "So how many weeks?" Callie asked

       "Twenty today but I found out when I was fifteen," I answer

       "She's the size of a banana," Axton said proudly

       "It's a girl?" Nicole asked and I shook my head

       "We aren't going to find out until birth because of a bet. Axton wants it to be a girl, though," I slightly push him away. Instead of taking a hint he wrapped his arm around my waist. He leaned in and put his head on my shoulder. I gave them a shy smile. Nicole shook her head but took a seat, as did the rest of them. They wanted answers. Now that I think about it I have been neglecting them. I only text them I never meet up with them.

       "So when did this start?" Grace asked signaling to the both of us

       "Well he got pregnant September fifteenth," Axton said

       "Didn't I call it," Grace said looking at the girls who rolled their eyes at him causing him to pout.

       We began to talk some more about the whole situation and the more I did the more excited they became. There was even a small fight about the gender. I was happy my friends are still my friends. I lied down and unintentionally fell asleep. When I woke up it was morning and I was with Axton in the bed. Checking the clock I saw it was only two o'clock. I must've been tired. I got up to do my business. When I came back Axton had his eyes open as he stared at the door awaiting my return.

       "Still have diarrhea?" He asked and I shook my head

       "No, but all that vomiting must've triggered my morning sickness. I haven't actually threw up but I do gag more often than not," I explain climbing into the bed with him.

       "Hey little one stop causing your mommy trouble," Axton scolded the fetus as he laid a hand on a stomach.

       I gasp as we both felt a slight jolt from my stomach. I began to bawl my eyes out as Axton laughed in excitement. I have never felt him move before. When Miss Bianca brought this up with the doctor they said he must be a quiet one since he is supposedly really healthy. His movement made it real. I'm really pregnant. I cried my eyes out. Axton made a joke about our little girl being spoiled already which made me laugh. He gave me a kiss when Leon burst through the door.

       "What's going on?" He groaned. "Why is he crying?"

       "The baby kicked!" Axton bragged making Leon roll his eyes.

       "That's fine and all, but we're trying to sleep," He grumbles and we nodded before he left.

       Axton gave me his usual goofy smile that always made me smile with him. If I have a son I hope he inherits this same smile.