1

Landry's POV

10:37am

I quietly slipped into the drivers meeting and sat in the closest chair to the door. To my surprise I didn't receive any dirty looks. I was only 7 minutes late anyway. But I probably won't be the latest I take it by the empty chairs across from me.

     "Ah Ms. Sutton we've pushed the meeting back seeing how you weren't the only one to be late Mr. Elliott and Mr. Blaney should be joining us soon," Brian states calmly giving me a nod as the other people in the room turned then to look at me I glanced up and smiled a little waving a little. Just then two boys about my age come in the doors with shocked looks on their faces and start laughing I knew them from anywhere Chase and Ryan. "Your ten minutes late rookies," Mr. France explained as they hang their heads and sit down I hold back the laughter.

30 minutes later

I shot out the door to stay as far away from satins twin as possible. But all to soon I heard his voice.

"Filling in for her mama is she or are you trying to replace your dad huh Sutton?" Kyle seethes.

"Oh my god Lucifer is talking to a meer 20 year old woman picking on her is he?" I shot back. To say Kyle Busch and my family don't get along is an understatement. He wrecked Dad several times and continually picks fights and now it's my turn to try and shut him down.

"Listen here Sutton you get close to me and you'll end up hurt so keep your little fragile self out of my way," Kyle growls and I stepped forward before I felt someone grab my shoulder.

"Wow Kyle threatened by a girl are we? I thought we went over this we don't intentionally wreck women I thought you'd learned your lesson," I hear someone say. My guess normally would've beEn Dale him and Dad were good friends but when I turned around it was Chase.

"I don't have time for you kids stay out of my way and we won't have problems," Kyle sneered.

"Oh don't you worry Kyle we'll stay so far ahead you won't have to worry about even catching up. It was nice to see you again by the way Lucifer! See you at qualifying!" I remarked. Chuckles came from behind me and Chase and Ryan were dying laughing.

"Lucifer? Really that was great Landry I'm going to use that from now on." Chase cackles.

"Oh quit now your making me blush." I teased and we all walked out the opposite way from Kyle.

After qualifying

I qualify 10th Ryan was 11 and Chase was 12 Kyle was 20. I think that's great because I have 2 people to help cut his crap.

      "Way to go Bug! I'm so proud of you!" Dad exclaims as I fixed my ponytail.

      "Thanks for letting me have this opportunity Thomas," I say and hug him and laugh.

       "Landry don't call me by my first name it's awkward," Dad joked "Hey here comes trouble." He then says in a serious tone.

        "Satan," I breathed.

        "You and your little rookie friends think your cute don't you! What did I tell you! I'm not playing around that's just qualifying if you pull that crap in the race you'll regret it!" Kyle shouts.

       "Oh Kyle are you really that egotistical you know we're in our 20's you need to have more self respect than to threaten us so often it's getting rather old Lucy. I'm also not sure you understand the concept of the sport you see if your good enough you shouldn't have to threaten the younger generation! But you do you goodbye Kyle," I  remarked walking away with Dad in tow.

"Darlin' did your mother just possess you because that was all Olivia," Dad chuckled and flicked off Kyle as he walked away.

"Are you excited Dad?" I asked locking arms with him as we walked towards our hauler.

"As always Landry I love to see you taking part in this but always remember you don't have to," Dad tries to remind me this often because he wants to make sure I don't feel pressured to do this. I'm racing because I want to not because it's what my parents did and my grandpa did. I'm racing because it's my dream I never gave up just because I knew what happened to mom. I'm just a Georgia girl chasing my dream, and there's nothing I'm gonna let stop me.

"Dad you know this is everything I've ever wanted. I'm so happy I get to do this. I won't ever regret beating Kyle or anyone else. I've met my best friends here. I'm living out our legacy as a third generation Sutton. Dad I'm beyond thankful and extremely excited for this opportunity and I wouldn't trade it for the safest job out there because this is what I love to do," I say in a series tone before adding "Now if you don't mind I have a fire suit to change out of and a dinner to get to."

Dinner

I sat down in the booth and scooted to the inside just in case Ryan, Chase, or Bubba decided to sit next to me. "Landry you might if I sit next to you?" Chase asks and I nod before he sides down next to me with Ryan across from me and Bubba across from him. Our waiter came shorty after we got situated.

"Hi my names Parker what can I get y'all to drink?" He ask and then looks me dead in the eyes and winked. I took this opportunity to grab Chase's hand and put our hands on the table.

"I'll take a sweet tea," I answered then I laid my head on Chase's shoulder. Bubba and Ryan were trying not to laugh.

"Water, coke, sweet tea," The guys sound off. The waiter who was clearly embarrassed walked away and we all burst out laughing.

"Landry you just ruined that kids ego," Ryan chuckled

"Oh that does make two today!" I say back before putting my head against the seat trying to calm down.

"Oh yes two indeed Ms. Sutton first Kyle now the friendly waiter," Chase answered.

"Awe I missed another Sutton vs. Busch?" Bubba asked defeated.

"You miss all of them!" I explained. Then a girl came out with our drinks and asked us what we wanted to eat. "Cheers to Blaney, Elliott, and Me in our race tomorrow," I declared and we all clinked our glasses.

At Landry's Hauler

"Attention NASCAR nation this your favorite female sprint cup driver. Yes your favorite. Landry Sutton here to commentate on a late night session of NASCAR '15 with Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott and Bubba Wallace," I say as I recorded myself on snapchat.

"Landry your a dork it's only 8:30 it's not late!" Chase teased.

"Yeah yeah whatever," I said plopping on the couch next to Chase. The game went over well Blaney won and I lost 5 dollars. "You gotta quit coming in 2nd after Blaney," I murmured hugging Chase before he left to go to his hauler.

"Yeah I know you've lost money on me I've lost money on you and Blaney has his future children a nice college fund," Chase laughed before kissing me on the cheek. We're close so I'm used to it it's a friendly thing but this time something felt different and when I looked at him something about his smile looked more appealing than it ever had before.

"Yeah but you love me and I love you so it's whatever. Goodnight William Clyde," I called after him before shutting the door and locking it.

What a day.

Older author here again let me apologize for all of the calling each other there full names. I have a thing for that all my friends on Snapchat are their first and middle names.