14

February 2017

Landry's POV

      To say I had an year would be an understatement. I got my last name changed on my important things. I'd considered continuing to just go by Sutton but Dad told me not to that my mom didn't go by her maiden name which gave me the motivation to make tee-shirts and I changed my Instagram and everything my car sticker says Landry S Elliott in cursive which I love. Chase and I went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon and it was awesome. We spent that rest of the off season in Georgia doing nothing much we would go to drive go carts and trampoline parks and random car rides when we felt like it. Then last season nothing of huge impotence happened Chase won 3 races and I won 2. Larson won the championship. Then that off season was our one year anniversary of marriage and we celebrated that. Mo and Ryan officially started dating after the awards in 2k15. That's about it.

       Now it's February and we just got to Daytona I'm sure that the water is going to be freezing but me and Andie had planned to go to the beach in February since she's been my PR but we never did but today we bit the bullet and we went. We stayed long enough for me to get a picture for my Instagram after I had ran and then swam in the ocean and Andie just laughed and called me crazy. Chase also tagged along and I got a good picture of him.

The morning of the 500

I woke up this morning to light snoring next to me which I found funny because Chase usually doesn't snore. I smiled and kissed his cheek before getting out of the bed. I took a quick shower and put on some clothes. I ate some cereal and decided it was time to wake up Chase.

        "HUSBAND WAKE UP!" I yelled from the kitchen.

        "What huh? Landry what the crap?" He mumbled loud enough for me to hear him I laughed and then I heard him start moving around so I knew I got him up.

          "The drivers meeting is in 15 then we both have to go to our garage." I smiled softly as he came into the room. Literally everyone it seems like changed their numbers mines 26 now Chase is back in the 9 and Ryan's driving the 12 for Penske. It's weird because that was my number and I thought it'd always be my number but Mr. Hendrick said he'd give me mom's number, an offer I couldn't pass up it's really special to me. Dad's number was special too but I just feel different when I'm driving in that 26 car. I smiled because the memory of sitting in mom's car when I was little came to me I was wearing a shirt of hers.

"Let's go walk around some." Chase said and slung his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder. We just walked around for about five minutes before going to the drivers meeting. I could help but think of 2 years ago when we were late to our first drivers meeting in sprint cup. I smiled softly and swung our intertwined hands. I'm such a lucky woman.

After the race

         I quietly walked back to the RV Chase somewhere behind me. To say I'm in a mood would be an understatement. Ryan won the race and when I went to victory lane Mo was being a grade a butthole. She's been acting weird and I'm sick and tired of it. I feel like our friendship has been falling apart these last few months something weird is going on with her and she won't tell me and she's been acting like she owns the dang world. Please. Chase knows how she's been acting and he also knows I'm going straight for the Jack Daniels because I'm in the mood. I still don't drink much and when I do it's so I can calm down because for some reason it has that effect on me. I need a better outlet but I don't get crazy mad much so for now I'm not worried about it. I slammed the door and changed into one of Chase's shirts before grabbing a blanket and the bottle from the cabinet and sitting on the couch to watch Netflix. Chase came in about 5 minutes later when I had already calmed down because I'm seriously such a bad alcohol person because about 3 sips in I'm buzzed. So now the bottle is just sitting on the table and I'm to the giggly stupid point.

        "Hey!" I smiled all big probably looking like a lunatic.

         "Hi Landry you ready for bed?" Chase asks laughing as I make faces at him like a five year old.

          "How'd you know? Your smart, your also handsome, I like your butt." I slurred as he stood in front of me holding out his hand to help me up.

            "Aw shucks, your pretty beautiful yourself, and I'm not going to address that last part right now but happy anniversary of the day we started dating." Chase whispered softly as he tucked me into the bed.

            "Oh my goodness that's right! Let's do something special!" I squealed and then winked at him.

             "Your soooo drunk, maybe tomorrow when we get home Landry Mae, I love you sleep good." He said as he laid down beside me and laughed a little.

              "Yes sir indeed I am. Tomorrow indeed, love you too William Clyde." I smiled and fell asleep.

_______
The next morning

        I woke up with a headache. I got up slowly and got water and ibuprofen. I slowly walked to the bathroom took a shower and then I laid back down. Chase flew us here so we can leave whenever and he's still not up so I'm going back to sleep.

2 hours later |9:00 am|

      I felt the bed shift and woke up feeling so much better. "Good morning. How much dum crap did I say last night?" I asked and climbed out from under the covers.

        "Well you were making faces and then you told me you liked my butt and that you wanted to 'do something special' which I'm sure you know what you meant by that I told you maybe today when we got home and then you said indeed." Chase laughed.

       I put my hand on my face before I burst out laughing "I'm the most fun drunk ever, by the way when are we going home?"

        "I vote now."

         "I'm not arguing."

____________________

Wow guys I suck. I was supposed to have a 6 hour round trip on a bus to get to write but I live in Georgia and we got some of the rain from Texas and my game got called off. That afternoon we practiced for like 3 hours then I have homework. But I'm passing all my classes now so that's a celebration in it's self. I was only ever failing the one but I'm definitely doing better so that's good. If anyone was planning on moving to North Georgia don't. It's so rainy and humid. I mean I live in the mountains of North Georgia right on the line with the Carolinas so it's great because it's beautiful but the weather sucks. Oh well I need to get over it at least I don't live in Alaska, I'm not good with hot or cold.

Anyway I'm going to stop rambling I hope you liked this chapter it's different and I might've contradicted myself from another part the the book but when I reread it all I could notice was my spelling errors. Literally I noticed so many o's instead of I's. If read all this then here's something special. I'm currently writing a spinoff and after the next chapter of this I feel like I could put it up and not blow any of this book anywhere it shouldn't go. The new book will also not be completely linked to this and you won't have to have read this to read that it'll just be some background information I might upload it as early as tomorrow because it's only a little foreshadowing. If you have any guess on what it's about I'd love to hear it them! Thanks again for reading and getting to me to roughly 1.80k!

Love Abby 💕