7

Landry's POV
The next weekend

We decided to not post anything and let people start crap just to see what would happen I'd say someone will post something before my press conference on Saturday explaining my injury and what's to be expected while I'm out. It's Friday I decided to stay home Thursday and see some friends with Mo. It was nice but I'm glad to back at the track. I decided to drive yesterday afternoon from Rabun to Bristol. I started driving at five and got there around 8. I decided I'd hang out with Amanda for a while we went to go get ice cream and talked about our relationships for a while. I wanted to go straight and hang out with Chase but he was doing something with Ryan and Bubba so I figured Amanda wasn't busy. When we got back it was around 9. We said goodnight and I walked back to Chase's motor home. Dad's staying home so ours is back in Charlotte. I sat on the couch and slide of my Birkenstocks and put my feet up. I decided to go on twitter while I waited on Chase he said he was on his way. I kept scrolling and no speculation but then again I was only outside for a few minutes. Chase ended up coming in 10 minutes later. We were both tired and went to bed.

This morning As I got dressed I heard Chase rinse out a dish and then yell "Bye Landry love you. See you later." So I decided to go see my crew and my replacement driver.

        "Good morning gentleman

"Good morning gentleman. How's it going Bubba? Is the car good?" I started rambling.

"It's all good Landry if you haven't noticed I was doing good yesterday I was 13 in practice. Now that's not your usual but I think it was good but we're going tear up qualifying. Um not literally." He jokes. Only my friends would joke like that.

"Starting to wish they would've let me pick Deegan." I joked back. I honestly did consider asking about Hailie Deegan she was in NASCAR next so I thought that it'd be cool to have her but she's 15 so I just asked Bubba.

"Dude that's just mean but that would've been really cool. Another girl driving for you but it's okay because I've got it handled." He answered back.

"Well next week starts the playoffs and you know you have to get a top ten for me to get in. And don't mention it to anyone but there's no way I'm not getting in that car next weekend my wrist doesn't even bother me I literally think that doctor had no idea because I'm fine but I'll give them a weekend. I drove up from Georgia yesterday and I'm fine." I explained and Bubba gave me one of his looks where he reminds you how dumb the decision your making is.

"You know that's not a good idea Landry if you try to drive next weekend you're going to hurt your wrist again driving a regular car isn't the same, what if you lose power steering or the car gets loose and you have to fight it and hurt yourself again. I'm going to drive your car just fine until the doctor tells you your wrist is completely healed. Does Chase know your plans?" He continued talking but I stopped paying attention. He's right I'm being dumb. I need to just stop only thinking about myself. My fiancé is number two in the points and all I can think about is jumping back in the car I just need to focus on my well being and my fiancé.