Britany X Fred

(Co-written: Regeneraterra)

Dedicated to Xboxgamer1998

"You worthless scum! How in tarnation did you manage to lose five points from Slytherin? How?" Malfoy was screaming. "I hate you, you know that? You're so stupid sometimes!"

I turned away and started running, crying while I did. Malfoy had stood there and humiliated me in front of everyone while they laughed. I ducked my head down and ran into the first bathroom I saw. I sat on the ground, hugging my knees and crying. Luckily, there was no one around since classes had started again.

I heard footsteps, but I didn't look up. I didn't want to see some girl to see me crying, especially as a second year. Even though I'd already been here a year, I didn't want rumors to spread that some little second year was a crybaby.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and recognized the voice when it spoke. "What's wrong?"

I looked up and saw Fred, my life-long crush. I sniffed and wiped my nose with my sleeve. He sat down next to me.

"It's nothing, really," I said, sniffing again.

"Well, obviously something is wrong or else you wouldn't be crying," he said gently, hugging me awkwardly since I was still hugging my knees. My stomach flipped happily. Fred was hugging me.

"Malfoy yelled at me for losing five house points because I forgot to turn in McGonagalls assignment," I said, sniffing. I hated that I was a nervous wreck in front of him.

"Hey, that's okay. Malfoy's an arse anyway. It'll be alright. I've lost a bunch of house points and Percy's yelled at me a bunch, okay? It'll be alright," he said, comforting me. I smiled.

"You know, I've always liked you," I said. I must've been so emotionally wrecked that confessing to him felt like nothing. Fred smiled. 

"I've always liked you too since the day you were sorted into Slytherin."