Training

Cato

I stretched and yawned. As I sat up I pulled my shirt off and stepped into the bathroom riding myself of the rest of my clothes and getting in the shower. Hot water relaxed me and got me ready for training.

I stepped out and wrapped my towel around me, I left my room and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl and a box of cereal and the milk, that's when I heard the door close. I groaned and remembered that Aromis Hawthorne is now my district partner....damn! Oh well, this is how my morning goes, she can deal. I take a show, eat brakefast in my towel, then dress for training.

"Morning Ca-Cato?!?!?" I smirked watching her beautiful face, her deep brown eyes tracing my body, and her face turning red. She muttered a curse under her breath and I chuckled.

"Morning beautiful."

"M-morning...." Aromis looked away and got a smaller bowl out.

"Cereal?" I asked, she nodded no and then said,

"I'll just have some chest- um....chex-mix." I chuckled at her mistake and inwardly smiled to myself.

"I'll go get dressed and save you the trouble Aromis."

"Thank you Cato...." She sounded relived.

Aromis.....why can't I stop thinking about her? She's so beautiful, short, but beautiful. I have a girlfriend..... I told myself....but could Clove be less then Aromis is? I'm at my braking point with Clove though...she's to controlling. I frowned, and then dressed, I need to finally rid myself of Clove.

Aromis

How much better or worst could my morning get? And I can't stop thinking about Cato. He probably has a girlfriend though. Jeez, he's so built, he looked hot! Stop Aromis , just stop! I scolded myself, and continued to eat. I was already dressed for training in my new academy training suit. I like it, its full black with combat boots and made of a special material that protects you. I look good.....well, I won't brag. I usually don't, but I'll show off at training. I'm gonna prove myself to Cato, gorgeous Cato.  I cursed under my breath again and blushed.

Cato and I finally got ready to go, as we stepped out Cato was met by Clove who glared at me. She smiled at Cato and hugged his arm a little controlling if you ask me. Cato tried to pull away, but Clove wasn't having it.

"Baby..." she whined, I rolled my eyes and walked in front of them.

"Clove...stop." Cato growled, in which Clove gasped. I walked a little faster to get away, and finally made the training center.

"Hey new girl!" It was a boy with dark hair and crystal blue eyes. He was taller then me and really handsome....he had movie star looks!

"Um hi...." I shrugged and started walking with the boy. He smiled down at me as I picked up some throwing knives.

"You like to throw too?" He asked, I smiled and nodded.

"Begin!" One of the trainers said. I hit every target with precise aim, then I moved on to traps and survival skills.....

I mastered all but one of the categories and I got faced against Clove in hand to hand combat. The boy that watched me with the knives, his name is Dean, he cheered me on. He'd been with me all day today.

"Begin." The trainer said, Clove glared at me and then came after me. I dodged and grabbed her wrist, pulling her arm behind her back and pinning her to the ground.

"Get off!" Clove yelled, she clearly let her anger toward me get in the way.

"Make me...your supposed to be the star career right?" I asked with a slight laugh. She squrimed under me and I was handed a holographic sword.

"Finish her Aromis!" I took great pleased in slicing through her throught with the hologram. I finally let her up and she glared at me, face red, and embarrassment evident.

I smiled and the trainer announced lunch, "That was amazing!" Dean said as I held a victory smile on my face.

"Thanks.....I'm here to be the star career and nothing less." I informed as we walked, Clove held to Cato, who was staring at me. His eyes held an emotion I couldn't place, but Clove soon slapped his arm and he turned his attention to her.

After lunch I was put against more people, almost all our training group in hand to hand combat. I defeated all of them and was congratulated, then I finally got to face Cato with swords. I smiled, sweat dropped from me, and my breathing was heavy.

"Come and get it..." I said with a cocky smile towards Cato.

His sword and mine connected and Clove cheered him on, while Dean and everyone who didn't really know Cato cheered me on.

Cato willed me to my knees with his sword, "What's wrong Aromis...thought you were here to be the best?" He taunted. I quickly flipped my sword around and his left his hand, I enjoyed his shocked face as my sword rested at his throught.

"Winner...Aromis Hawthorne." Everyone cheered, except Clove who jumped at me, knife in hand. Cato pulled her up.....

"Stop...its fine. She won fair Clover." I gave a small smile to Cato and he returned it.

Clove

It was not fair and it wasn't fine.... Aromis shows up new and already she's out-ranked me and now my boyfriend is taking her side!

"I'll get you someday show off!" I yelled as Cato dragged me out of the training center.

"Clove, you went to far....remember when you were the show off? How Glimmer envied you before she moved to 1?" Cato asked.

"Cato...she-"

"She nothing Clove...we are done, " Am I really hearing this? " Your controlling, jealous, selfish...and if I'm being honest, your psychotic. I'm sorry Clove.....I should have told you this a long time ago. I don't love you anymore......" His words hurt, but I wasn't about to cry.

"Fine.....find someone else Cato Hadley. I wouldn't care if you died in the arena when you volunteer!" I yelled at him before storming off to my dorm with Jordan, my roommate.........