Real?

Aromis

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Cato had broken up with Clove, right in front of me...the words stung Clove and I could tell she was upset. Cato looked fine though, like her hateful words had no effect on him...then he looked at me. That same look, I couldn't tell what it was, and he smiled at me.

"Cato...I-"

"Don't," he cut me off. "I planned on it way before you came to the academy....she's to-"

"I heard." I said with a small smile, then I let a dark chuckle out. "She's gonna try to kill me," I paused. "But she'll be no challenge...."

"Not for you anyway...." He still had a smile on his face as he inched toward me. I backed up,

"Well...I'm gonna go get a shower...you should do the same huh? Holiday tomorrow.... the one day Penem gets a brake." I laughed nervously and then darted to the dorm.....

Now I'm clean and dressed in my night shorts and tee. Cato is wearing a tee and pj pants, he hasn't stopped glancing at me since we started our movie. I sit, watching the movie and watching Cato watch me. I looked down, sighed, and then entered the kitchen to make popcorn...I'm staying up tonight because tomorrow is New Year's and its something the career districts, and the capitol celebrate. I mean, the other districts are allowed if they want, but most don't.

"Good idea...." Cato said, he was behind me and I could almost see the smirk on his lips. The timer dinged and Cato reach from behind me to open the microwave. He then stepped away and got a huge bowl, I moved so I wouldn't be put through him being behind me again. Why can't I push this feeling for him away?

We ate popcorn, joked, laughed, and actually enjoyed each others company.....now I'm standing and looking out the window at the festivities of the academy.

"Mind if I keep you company?" Cato asked, I smile a little.

"Go ahead...." I hadn't noticed that his arms were on either side of me. I breathed shaky breathes and Cato chuckled, he was about to talk when a gong rung announcing a new year. I turned so my back was to the wall...

"Its a new year." I said with a slight laugh, Cato was looking at me like he had in the hall outside the training center. He smiled at me, and that emotion covered his face again...could this be..love?

"Perfect time for this then...." Cato was now smirking, his blue eyes looking into my brown ones. Before I could say anything, Cato's lips were on mine, and I couldn't believe it! I decided to kiss back and the kiss got better....why am I doing this? Love? No.....I barley know Cato....I mean, I've known him forever, but I don't know him!

Finally he pulled away, I couldn't place the emotion on his face, and I shook my head. We both looked at each other with wide eyes, I had a fluttering feeling running through me.

"Cato...."

"Aromis...."

"I-" we both began, we just stopped. Cato sighed and put his hand on my hip bringing me close to him, "That won't be our last kiss..." and then he squeezed me tightly to him, and walked away, leaving me a little shocked.

I dont wanna get up.....

I groaned and sat up slowly, my body ached from lack of sleep. My head is pounding and my memory of last night was fuzy...but I remember.

Cato kissed me.....and I liked it?

Did I like it? You loved it! The voice in my head kept telling me I liked it....but, my heart. I barely know Cato.....

"Honey....you'll never know when love will find you. Oh, you may barely know the person, but if you don't give them a chance....you'll never know at all." ......

My mothers words echo in my head like someone ringing a bell over and over. Should I Aromis Hawthorne give into Cato Hadley? Maybe? No? Yes....yes? No! Errrr.....why? Why me? I can't shake my feelings for Cato, but how does he feel? That kiss....was he just toying with my emotions?? If so...I don't appreciate it, he's not going to manipulate me like he does everyone else.

I got up, I didn't bother changing from my night clothes since there won't be training today. I walked out and into the kitchen, opened the third cabinet and got a bowl, I got some cereal and sat at the bar. "Morning gorgeous." I didn't have to look to know it was Cato, and when I did look, I choked on my cereal. Cato was yet again, in his towel....my eyes traced over him and the smirk on his face grew.

"You always do this?" I asked, he nodded.

"Get used to it princess....." He said walking past me, but not before stealing a kiss from my cheek.

"Cato?" I asked, he gave a grunt for a reply. "Last night when you...um...kissed me, was it real?" I was actually pretty blunt while saying this. I was serious,

"Beautiful....it was real.....if I didn't mean it, I wouldn't do it." My mouth hung in the shape of an 'O', was he really serious?

"So....real?" I asked, Cato smiled that perfect smile at me and placed his arms around me from behind nuzzling his face in my neck.

"Real..." he breathed, then kissed my neck. I felt heat flood my cheeks and I silently cursed, did I even want this, me and him, to happen? Yes.....but, what would that cost me? Cato chuckled into my neck making me shiver. "I'll go get dressed...and we can go do something." I smiled a little, and watched him walk away, disappearing into his room.......