Protective

Cato

"Aromis....you've been acting stran-" My words are cut off when she presses her soft lips to mine and I automatically wrap my arms around her. I kiss her back passionately and she moans, usually this would make me smile, but I know somethings bothering her.

"Cato...I don't know what bothers me more...." she pauses and moves to the balcony of the roof. I follow wanting to be near her...the next thing she says un-nerves me and I don't know what to say.

"The fact that my cousin will be put against us....or....or the fact that I'm pregnant with your child and one of us may die, and I have until the night of the games to decide if I keep it or not." It all comes out in a rush, and for the first time, I see her actually brake down and cry.....Aromis cries. So instead of saying anything, I only wrap her in my arms and hold her. I lean down to kiss her head and I whisper in her ear...

"Keep the baby, I'll mention it in the interview and maybe we can both get out alive." She wipes her tears and smiles at me.

"Really Cato....you....you wanna keep the baby?" She asked, shock oozes from her voice and I get a little ill tempered at this, but I won't cause her harm....because for one, I wouldn't dream of hurting her, and two...she's having my child.

"We should go inside....its cold out here." I say, she only nods and we then walk into the elevator......

"Cato!" That scream, that's Aromis....

"Cato! Cat-" it stopped.

I run frantically and finally I see her, a knife through her stomach she's passed out, and then....a cannon. No! I look around angry, and finally I spot the tribute who did this....the tribute who killed my girlfriend. The tribute who just killed my kid! I grab them and slam them against the ground, taking my sword out I'm about to stab them when they whimper for their life.

"P-please...." they say, I glare.

"You just killed my girlfriend, and my kid!" I scream at them...they look confused. "Why should I let you live?" Then I violently stab them with my sword. I finally hear the cannon, and I go back to where Aromis lays. I kiss her lips, and then I lay beside her, and I wait for a tribute to kill me so I can be with her and the baby.....

My eyes snap open and I frantically search for Aromis, I find her in the bathroom getting dressed for training. I go to speak, but before I can she says...

"The doctors called Ebenora and Brutus, and I told them to say that we were keeping Alex."

This throws me off guard,

"Alex?" I asked, she giggles seeing that I'm confused.

"I hope you don't mind....but Alex is unisex, and I think it would be the perfect name...and depending on gender, we could make it Alexander or Alexandra." She explained, I smiled at Aromis as I stepped close to her. I wrapped her in my arms and kissed her sweetly.

"I think its perfect," I sighed and she gave me a perfect smile.

"I love you Cato..."

"I love you Aromis..."

Training is intense and Aromis is doing good, but I'm not leaving her side. Gale seams to hover also, but I don't mind since that's her cousin. She and him show each other new things, and then she shows them to me. Her bow and arrow skills are tremendous...... we now practice back to back with swords though.

"Errrr!!!" Aromis growls, I look over to see her and Glimmer, who's also been reaped, basically fighting.

"Lay off Glimmer," her district partner, Marvel says.

"She got in my way!" Glimmer yells, and I step in.

"Back off....we are allies....don't do anything rash...cause if you kill her, I will not hesitate to destroy you." I say, I'm dead serious and she knows it.

"Sorry....allie." Glimmer growls and I know I have to watch her when we enter the arena.

"Whatever...." Aromis sighs and continues to train.....

When we finish training we head to our rooms, Aromis stops before we get to the second floor, Gale is in the elevator with us.

"Gale....Cato....can we, Gale and the careers, be allies?" she asked, me being the leader....I can make this decision.

"Yeah....he can help protect you." I say, she smiles and then hugs Gale, whispering something in his ear. By his shocked face when we leave the elevator, I can tell she told him she's pregnant..........

I'm tired, today we have interviews.....Aromis has already left with her stylist Cartia. When my stylist steps into the room, he's examining me, then decides I should wear a blue tux....

When Aromis is finally on stage, I listen closely.

"Oh Aromis....I hear rumors about you and a certain district partner...are they true?"

Aromis gives a laugh and says, "Depends on what they are Ceaser." The crowd cheers, they love her and its good.

"Oh...a relationship my dear...." She smiles, but she knows I want to be the one that mentions the baby.

"Yes, that's true....you may even learn more when my partner gets up here." The crowd laughs and cheers, they are going to love us.

"Oh...I won't to ask more, but we are out of time. Good luck my dear...." Aromis bows and I kiss her cheek as she goes by, making the crowd cheer.

Ceaser asked me many questions, and finally he says, "You seem protective of Aromis..."

"I am..."

"Why so protective Cato?" He asked.

"Well...because Ceaser....the resent news I've discovered."

"Oh....do tell." He gushes, and I sigh.

"I'm going to do everything in my power to protect her because.....because she's carrying my child." With that, the crowd goes wild and even Ceaser looks extremely shocked.

"So...." he recovers. "Your going to make sure she wins?" I give a nod, and the crowd goes nuts as I leave the stage.

Aromis greets me when I step off the stage and she's frantic.

"No...Cato...I can't win...if I win, Alex will be father-less, and I can't have that happen!" I hold her close and Katniss Everdeen, one of the mentors for 12, intervenes.

"Alex?....you already named the baby?" She asked, Aromis turns toward her.....and explains what she had to me. "Oh....." is all Katniss can say, and as Peeta, Katniss' supposed lover steps forward to tell Aromis something I wrap my arm around her proactively.

"Good luck Aromis....don't worry about Gale, long as he's with you you'll be safe. I think Alex is a wonderful name....if only Katniss and I could be so lucky." He sighs...their love isn't real!

"Thanks Peeta....but, we aren't so lucky...."

"I'll see what I can do." He assures and before he can walk to far away I catch up and say,

"Thank you Mellark....that is if I think what your gonna do is what I really think."

"I'll try Cato....good luck." I nod in appreciation and then found Aromis who's literally on edge, and Glimmer is walking away from her.

"What happened?" I ask, and she looks shaken.

"Glimmer's gonna try to kill me in the bloodbath, she said she won't let me live." This angers me beyond recognition and I snap fiercely,

"I'll take care of her in the bloodbath...stay near me. She will not touch you." I say and I hope Aromis truly believes me. I will protect her no matter what........