Zombies?!?!

Cato

I couldn't believe Glimmer did that...she knows I love Aromis, she knows she should have never cut her. That was on purpose to kill my kid...I won't let that happen.

Aromis killed Marvel because he tried to kill Gale...who cares we still have Devi and Chase from district 4.....

"We should go to the fountain and get cleaned up..." Gale suggest, pointing to a fountain across from three houses on our left.  Chase and Devi agree, I look to Aromis.

"Yeah....I feel nasty." She informs, I help her up and we walk to the fountain, it has clean water in it. I'm surprised because everything else looks totally abandon and not clean at all.

Aromis splashes water over her beautiful face and I watch as it glides down her face and clothes washing the dry blood off.

I begin to wash up along with the others and then I hear it.

"Eruh...." I look up to find Aromis cleaning the wound that Glimmer gave her.

"Is it deep?" I asked, my voice is labored with worry.

"No....not deep enough to cause damage anyway." I sigh with relive at her words, then the cannons start.

"One....two...three....four....five...six....seven....eight....nine....ten....." Aromis counts along. "Ten down, there are still fourteen counting all of us." She does the math quickly and then starts to walk toward the cornacopia. I watch from a far and when I see she's trying to medicate and bandage her wound, I follow and stop her hands. She's frustrated by the time I reach her and her face has turned red in anger at the pain, and the fact that the bandage isn't cooperating. I chuckle and she looks at me...

"Like you've never been this frustrated before Cato." She then laughs and I take her hands away from her stomach and the bandage.

I take care in putting medication on her wound, then wrap it, after this I do something that surprises me.....I lean down and kiss her stomach sweetly before I whisper.

"I love you Alex...I won't let anything happen to you." Aromis is smiling at me when I look up and then she slowly pulls her shirt and jacket down......

Aromis

What Cato did was incredibly sweet, and the capitol is probably gushing over it! The baby was an advantage and a threat right now....but I'm not arguing.

"Aromis....." it was Cato, he held a smile on his face.

"Cato....." Before I could get anymore out, Cato's lips were on mine and the arena disappeared for a few moments.

"Guys...what the hell is that?" Gale's worried voice alerted Cato and I, and we broke apart. Looking forward, I first thought it was a tribute....but then I realized, there were at least five more....Six against five...we could handle that.

"What are those things?" That was not one of our group. I turned to see a kid about fourteen, "I'm so sorry...don't kill me!" He yells, I roll my eyes, and hold my hand up to stop the others.

"We don't know....go check for us, and we won't kill you." Devi says before I can speak, the young boy nods and walks forward, he's met by whatever those are ripping into him! My face changes to horror, and I realize....those are zombies! What have the capitol created?!?!!

"Guys.....grab some knives." I instruct, then I'm throwing knives, but they don't seem to phase them! Finally, I strike one in the head, and it falls over dead.

"Aim for the head!" Cato yells to the others, and soon...we are looking at a bunch of corpses on the ground. The small boys cannon sounds, I look down....

"Thirteen left." I whisper to myself, Gale hears this and hugs me.

"It's alright......we won't let you die."

"No....if me or Cato dies....it has to be me, I won't let Alex be father-less....it isn't right." I say, my cousin seams to understand, and holds me close. I'm so uneasy with why everyone wants to protect me....I don't want their protection....I'd rather die....but Cato and Gale won't let that happen.

"We don't know what we'd do without you Aromis....you should be happy if you make it out and Cato doesn't....you have a piece of him with you." His words are true....but what would I tell little Alex when she/he grows up and wants to know where their dad is? I would be crushed trying to explain it!

I sigh, and Gale leaves without any farther words, he knows I need my space.

I go to the corpses and start searching for signs of life, I see nothing, and the hovercraft hasn't collected the boy yet. I walked around again, and once more....how cruel could they get? I mean seriously....zombies!!! I hear three cannons, and I look toward the city. There are several more coming toward us, that must have been where the cannons came from. "Ten left...." I whisper, then start to back away, the others are coming, and I turn to yell toward my group....but I realize, the zombies can't get through some invisible barrier, they are trapped in the city.

"Shit!!" I yell, the boy for district 5 is hanging on my ankle, snarling like the others had. I pull a knife out and stab him in the brain, he is finally dead........

Now its silent....Cato and I are wrapped up tightly in each others arms, Gale sleeps near, and Chase takes watch. I can't sleep though....neither can Cato, so we quietly whisper to each other.

"I think those are zombies..." I inform, Cato laughs.

"Like flesh eating zombies, come on Aromis...." He lightly laughs, and I nod.

"I'm serious Cato.....its possible." I say in a serious tone.....

This Chapter SUCKED!!! :/ meh.