Reaping Day

Okay, sorry I haven't updated....but I'm working on quite a few ideas I had....hmmmm.....but yeah, I'm writing a little on this one, then switching, and so on. But, I will continue to update this one when I can, and won't post any other stories until this one is finished.

Aromis

Its reaping day and I am so frustrated it isn't funny. I've got a major headache, Clove has been trying to get me every way she can, and errr...I just want to stab everyone. I turned eighteen yesterday, so today I'm volunteering for the games, I've told Cato not to because we'd be facing each other, but it set him off. Oh yeah....as for Cato and I, we've been great up until my birthday yesterday when he met my family, and I asked him not to volunteer this morning.

"This is my boyfriend Cato Hadley." I said as we stand in the doorway of my home. My mother glanced at Cato's arm wrapped snug around my waist and smiled wide.

"Oh, Aromis....he's handsome. Just right for a beautiful girl like you!"

"I'm also protective...." Cato informs and my mother hugs him! She hugged him...he's got to be the first one she's ever liked.

A bubbly twelve year old, with black hair and a red  bow just above her right ear, comes bouncing down to meet Cato.

"I'm Rosemary, your cute!" She giggles, this makes Cato chuckle.

"Thank you princess....." he then leans down and tells her. "Your very beautiful, like your sister."

My little sister blushes and hugs him...

"I like this one Aromis...." Cato stands beside me again and we make our way through the house, and finally sit on the couch. My oldest brother Clark, will most likely not like Cato. Or so I think until Clark comes through and smiles.

"Good to see you again Cato..." My mouth drops, Cato knew River.....and he knows Clark??

"Same Clark....I have to hand it to your mom, Aromis is a firecraker." At this I blush and hide my face in Cato's chest.

"Just don't hurt her...and we're fine." Clark and Cato continue there conversation until its time for gifts.

I open moms first, which is a pretty hair clip with green emralds incrested into the top. Rosemary's, witch is a hug like she does every year, Clark's, which is a picture of River that I haven't seen in years and he knows it means a lot. My brother is standing by the lake in twelve, when he got a special invite by Haymitch Abernathy. Then Cato surprises me by pulling out a small box, and handing it to me.

"Happy birthday beautiful..." I open it and find an absolute beautiful bracelet with a sparrow charm on it!

"Oh Cato, its gorgeous....I love it." Then, I let Cato slip it on.

Now we sit on my bed, Cato is kissing me sweetly and holding me close to him.

"I love you Aromis..."

Last night was great until this morning when I asked Cato not to volunteer.

"I love you Cato....I don't want you to volunteer." I breathed, Cato sat up and looked at me.

"Aromis, we were chosen to volunteer....and if you can't handle it-"

"I can...I just don't want you to be in there with me." I snapped, while sitting  up, and wrapping my sheets around myself.

"I'll see you at the reaping Aromis." Cato snapped as he sat his feet off the side of my bed and proceeded to get dressed.

"Cato-" he put his hand up to stop me and left.....

So, I'm a wreak. And Cato...I don't know about him, but I find it very unnerving that he could do something so loving, so precious as take my innocents and love me so tenderly ....and then snap because I asked him not to volunteer. I shook it off and dressed in a white knee-length dress and some silver heels, I keep the bracelet Cato gave me on, and put the hair clip mom gave me in my hair. It was in the side of my ponytail, and it looked stunning.

I walk into the elevator to leave the academy and Cato is there. He pins me to the wall and kisses me passionately, then pulls away breathless and says, "I'm sorry...but we can make it through this. I don't care if we have to stay alive for months in the arena...they will let us out." He then puts on a serious face and ignores me? That was weird, and uneffective toward me. Cato had better not push me or I'll ignore him and not acknowledge his presents when he wants my love and affection.

When we finally make it out of the academy, we walk toward the square, Cato holds me by the waist tightly and still has a serious killing face on. We finally have to separate and we wait...and wait....then, after what seams forever, Amethest Gabriel steps on stage, and the video of district 13 plays....blah, blah, blah.

"Ladies first........Aromis Hawthorne!" Hey I don't have to volunteer.

"Okay...no one volunteer for me...I'll kill you on spot!" I yelled to the girls. Cato gave me a huge smirk...this day could be better, but I'll work it out...74th Hunger Games here I come. 

"Well...spirited aren't we?" Amethest said with a huge smile.

"Now...for the boys, Gr-" Before her sentence even got out, Cato's voice rang through the air.

"I volunteer!"

Nerp ....this one was short! :/