Chapter 6

Felicity

For the past six hours, I have been putting up with Harry's crap, and I'm honestly surprised I haven't ripped my hair out yet. It's like traveling with a child that talks nonstop and has to touch everything in sight.

We found a cheap little hotel not too far from the Hershey park. If I remember correctly, the guy at the front desk said there is a dance competition going on in town, so there was only one room available. Thankfully, the room has two beds. It'll still be awkward sharing a space with a guy I only met this morning, but I suppose on the bright side I'm only paying half the price for a room.

After dropping all our stuff off in the room, we made our way to a small shopping plaza to walk around and pass the time. Since we are staying the night, we had to find something to do for the rest of the day, and I think the plaza is the only activity around. Unfortunately, there were only about ten stores, all of which were quite cheap.

I followed Harry into each of the stores in the shopping center, only to leave just two minutes later. There was only one store in which we stayed for more than ten minutes, and that turned out to be a disaster. He accidentally knocked down a shelf and hurried outside, leaving me to look like the one at fault. I could see him through the windows laughing at me as one of the store employees approached me and shooed me out of the building. Thankfully nothing was broken, so I didn't have to pay for anything. But after that, Harry kept making fun of me for it, even though it was his fault it happened.

Once the two of us both grew bored of the plaza, we decided it was best to find some place to eat. We picked up a couple of sandwiches at a shop down the street from our hotel and brought them back to the room to eat. This way, we - or shall I say Harry - can't be the source of anymore trouble.

So since then, we have been sitting in the hotel room doing nothing. Well, I've been sitting here doing nothing. Harry disappeared after he finished his sandwich, and I haven't seen or heard from him since. I don't have his phone number, so I can't just call him up to see where he is. He just got up and left the room with his phone in hand, not bothering to say a word to me.

I brushed it off, thinking that maybe there was some kind of important phone call he needed to make. It doesn't bother me anyway; I'm glad I have some time to myself. I've spent the last fifteen minutes reading a magazine I bought at the gas station earlier, and the peace and quiet of this room is really nice.

But after a while, I decide to give Colton a call. It's probably best that I update him on what exactly is going on. Plus, I haven't talked to him since I mentioned that I'm coming over for break, which was a few days ago.

Picking up my phone, I dial his number and wait as it rings four times before he answers.

"Uh. Hello?"

"Hi," I smile, even though he can't see me.

"Oh. Felicity. Hey," he greets rather monotonously. If I didn't know better, I would have thought he wasn't happy to hear from me. I lean back on the bed and flip through the magazine as I hear shuffling on his end of the line. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just sitting in a hotel for the night."

He pauses for a short moment before I can hear a change in his tone of voice. "Why are you in a hotel? Where are you?"

Has he already forgotten that I'm on my way to see him? I'm pretty sure that I mentioned I was driving, so surely he would know that I'd be staying in hotels on my way there. Why would he ask me this?

"I'm staying the night in Pennsylvania because I'm not going to drive straight through the night. I do need to take a break on this drive, you know."