Chapter 35

Harry

Fuck.

Holy shit. Is this actually happening right now? Is this all a dream? God, I hope this is not just a figment of my imagination. I might just punch someone if it is.

Felicity's lips are on mine, and I swear the world has just stopped spinning. There was a shock that ran through my body the moment our lips made contact, and that is the first time anything like that has ever happened to me. I'm in a trance, an electrifying trance as our mouths move together like they've been doing this with each other for years. I can't believe this is really happening right now. I've been fantasizing this moment for the past week and though we're pretty intoxicated right now, this is better than what I imagined it to be.

Her hands leave the sides of my face before slinking her arms around my neck. She pulls me just a little closer, slightly arching herself against my chest. I'm finding it hard to breathe with all that's happening right now. I imagined this so many times, but never did I think it would actually happen. My own arms find their way around her body, holding on tightly as if I'm afraid to lose Felicity and this moment. I don't want to let go.

This kiss is consuming my every thought, my every emotion, my every action. It almost feels like the two of us are the only ones in the room. I can't sense anyone else around us or feel other people accidentally bumping into us. The sound of the music is completely drowned out by the beating of my own heart. I can't feel anything except for her. I'm consumed by the feel of her skin against mine. I'm overwhelmed by the frustration I'm experiencing from having this much clothing between us. Everything is so much and so sudden, I can't even be sure that this is actually real. It seems too good to be true.

Before I know what's happening, Felicity disconnects our lips. What felt like the longest kiss now feels far too short. I'm left wanting so much more, and even though I want to press my lips on hers once again, I refrain from doing so. Instead, I rest my forehead against her own as the two of us catch our breaths. We're both panting like we've just gotten back from a long run down a hilly trail.

All at once it's as if every one of my senses returns, hitting me like a train. The music playing from the DJ is painfully loud, and I can hear all the drunken shouts and laughter coming from the people around us. The flashing lights are blinding, the smell of sweat and alcohol is overwhelming, and the feel of other partygoers bumping into me is irritating.

But the one thing that doesn't change is the sight of Felicity standing in front of me. Her eyes are closed as her forehead is still pressed against mine. We stand like this for just a moment longer before she slowly stands up straight and opens her eyes. She looks up at me, the green of her eyes so bright and alive, causing my heart to beat faster once again. Her arms are still locked around my neck, though not as tight. As much as we probably look ridiculous just standing together in the midst of a drunken, dancing crowd, I can't seem to move and I definitely don't want to let go of her.

"I ... uh. I'm sorry," Felicity mumbles as she looks anywhere but at me. Her voice is barely loud enough for me to catch over the music.

"Don't be sorry," I shake my head as my grip around her waist tightens just a bit.

She glances up at me with this doe eyed look, and I can't stop myself as I press my lips on hers once more. I just can't resist her. It's only been eight fucking days that we have known each other, yet I feel as if I need her. It sounds pathetic. How can I be so attracted and addicted to someone I hardly know? One kiss and I am ready to toss everything out the window to be with her. It feels like so much longer than a week that I've known Felicity. How can someone make me feel this intensely in such a short amount of time? I didn't even know that was possible.