Chapter 34

Felicity

The feel of Harry's hand at my lower back sends lightning bolts up my spine. It's an electricity that I only ever get from him. Colton has never given me this feeling before. I can't get enough of it and it makes me feel like a bad person for craving Harry's touch. The warmth of his fingers over the fabric of my clothes is beginning to drive me crazy, and I'm not sure if all these feelings are intensified because of the alcohol that is already in my system. I'm certain that if I didn't have the three and a half drinks at the previous bar, my emotions wouldn't be this intense. 

Would these emotions even be present?

As we walk up to the bar, Maz and Andy have beat us there, already chatting with one of the bartenders. I'm beginning to wonder how often they come here because the guy outside the club just let us in without waiting in line and now they're chatting with the guy behind the bar like they've been friends since they were in diapers. 

Honestly, I'm intrigued with this guy that Andy has become. He has completely grown up since we last talked, which is expected of course. But he seems to be doing so well in his life. He is so much more mature in his mannerisms, he's undeniably confident, and he really just enjoys everything going on around him. I'm sad to have lost touch with him over the past few years. He probably could have rubbed off his confidence and zest for life onto me. I know I could benefit from it. 

Standing next to these three guys, might I pleasantly add that Harry's hand has not yet left the small of my back, I'm not paying any attention to their conversation. I'm completely engrossed in this club and my surroundings. With the music blaring out of speakers from each corner of the room, it's insanely loud inside. The DJ at the front of the room consistently turns up the volume and shouts into a microphone to get the partygoers even more excited. Everyone is dancing around us, whether they're grinding on each other or jumping to the rhythm of the music with their friends. 

It's dark all around us with the exception of the flashing colorful lights coming from above the DJ's table. There is one wall that glows red in contrast to the extremely dim lighting around the room. A few tables and VIP booths line that wall, but not very many people are sitting down at them. I'm so captivated by my environment that I don't hear my name being called until Harry waves his hand in front of my face.

"Felicity. Hey. Hellooooo," he drags out the last syllable in a singsong way before laughing. "Are you okay?"

I nod my head and smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just looking at everything here."

"Alright then. Well what do you want to drink?"

"I'm not sure."

Andy shakes his head at me before looking back at the bartender. "She'll have hippie juice."

"What is that?" I immediately ask, nearly shouting. I don't know why I'm suddenly feeling so nervous. Hippie juice is giving me anxiety and I haven't even had any of it yet. I don't even know what it is. It could be poison.

I highly doubt Andy would poison me, but the sound of hippie juice makes me think it's something with an absurd about of alcohol in it. I'm probably not prepared for that.

"It's just an alcoholic drink, Fel. You'll like it, I promise."

I look over at Harry to see what he thinks, but he simply shrugs his shoulders like he has no idea about the drink either. Soon enough Andy hands me a glass and gives me a nod to try it out. He yells something about the drink but I don't catch it over the loud music. Hesitantly I grab the glass and place the straw between my lips. Taking a sip, my face instantly wrinkles at how strong it is. It's like drinking straight from a liquor bottle with just a splash of pink lemonade mixed in. It's terrible but for some reason I want more of it.