Chapter 52

A/N: Again, thank you to @rafaadourado for this amazing ferry manip! To this day I am still in love with it x

Felicity

"What about this one?" I ask Harry as I hold up a Coca Cola sweatshirt.

He turns around and thoroughly examines the item, nodding his head in approval. "Yeah, it's cool."

"Okay what size are you?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because I'm going to be buying it for you."

"But why?"

Rummaging through the rack of sweatshirts, I take it upon myself to guess his correct size. "You bought one for me in Atlanta, so I'm going to get one for you here in Las Vegas."

He sighs in defeat, coming to the correct conclusion that I'm not going to be persuaded otherwise. He walks up beside me, picking one of the sweatshirts off the rack. "Our first matching item. Aren't we cute."

"Aside from these, of course," I laugh as I hold up my wrist to show off the woven bracelet we purchased in Austin. He shakes his head and laughs before leaning in to give me a quick little kiss.

Admittedly, I love that Harry is so affectionate. I used to wrinkle my nose at anyone that showed their significant other any kind of loving, whether it was a kiss or hand holding or anything of the sort. And maybe that was just because it was something Colton never did for me, so I felt a twinge of envy. He would never hold my hand while we were just out for dinner, only wrapping an arm around me if he thought a guy was hitting on me. He also would never kiss me in public ... and now I'm wondering if that has any connection to the fact that he's been secretly calling me his sister rather than his girlfriend. I think any sort of public display of affection would ruin his chance of convincing other girls he was single.

It's crazy how I've become so aware of all the crap that happened in my relationship with Colton ... things I never noticed before.

But anyway, we've been in this Coca Cola store for about ten minutes now and I'm pretty sure we've lost Liam somewhere inside. I haven't seen him since we walked in, and Harry is too busy looking at all the vintage-style merchandise to notice.

The brunch we had earlier was actually really delicious. With as much of a headache that I have, the food definitely made me feel a little better. I basically spent the entire meal talking with Liam because Harry seemed to be in another world. He didn't say a word the whole time, and I could see it in his eyes that his mind was elsewhere. I didn't bother trying to get him to join the conversation because he looked like he wasn't interested in being spoken to. Fortunately now he's acting a little more lively and aware of his surroundings. I guess he's back to normal.

I glance up at Harry, seeing him already looking at me with a smile on his face and a softness in his eyes.

"I love you," I suddenly speak up, voicing my thoughts. It feels kind of random to just say out loud while we're out shopping, but I couldn't stop myself from keeping it in. Plus, I like how it feels when I say it as we aren't doing anything intimate.

Harry's smile grows bigger as his eyes brighten in color. "Oh, I love you, too."

"You two are the strangest couple I've ever met. You're so happy together and you say you love each other ... yet you still claim you're not an item. I don't get it."

I jump at the sound of Liam's voice coming from beside us. He's standing next to one of the clothing racks with a smirk on his face and a Coca Cola hat on his head. I'm beginning to think he and Maz have taught each other how to randomly appear and disappear because they are total experts at it.