Paul || Requested

My very first request!  Thank you @tragicalmysterytour and I hope this
is what you were looking for ;)

You turn to look at the ticking clock again. 2:13am it read. You sigh.  Within two hours time you will hear Paul's footsteps scattered about on the floor as he gets ready for yet another tour.  After being home for two months, it was finally calm and relaxing for the two of you.  To have Paul by your side felt peaceful and safe, and you wish you could feel this way every waking morning and every sleeping night.  To have no flashing pictures of you taken wherever you go.  No screaming fans with every public appearance you make.  You knew this was part of the job, and these did not bother you as much as you thought they would.  Instead, what did keep you up was how the media and the fans reacted to you.   

Paul had taken you out to dinner tonight and once again you were seen as a dark shadow behind him.  You had of course begged Paul to let you stay in, and offered to cook for the two of you instead.  Paul didn't listen, and insisted that it was time for the two of you to go out even though the flashing cameras will be there.  Even now that you are married to Paul, they still haven't come to a liking of you, and reasons you don't know why either.  It has bothered you ever since, and of course Paul would comfort you, but it never seemed to fully make you surpass the comments from both the paparazzi and his fans. 

While your thoughts were beginning to overcloud you, you hear a small moan on your right.  Turning your head and letting your thoughts escape, you see an awake Paul who spreads a sleepy smile at you in the darkness. 

"Everything alright, love?"  His voice is husky and soft, echoing gently against the walls of the room.  Your eyes instantly connect to his that still seem to shine even in the dark. 

You nod your head and lay back down, resting your head into his neck.  You feel Paul's fingers run through your messy bed hair and rubbing your back.  Silence overcomes the two of you, but doesn't stay long when you speak again.

"Why are you up?  You should be getting your rest for tomorrow," you mumble into his neck. 

"Can't sleep if you can't remember?" 

You nod your head again.  Your eyes get heavy from Paul's soft humming voice that you hear through the hums of his chest.  You wish to just fall asleep, and enjoy the silence with your boyfriend. 

"You know it's not going to be like this forever," Paul promises you, "They will come to liking you, darling.  I don't care how long it takes, or if it ever even happens.  Just know that I will always love you, no matter what, I promise."

You prop yourself up on your elbow and look deeply into those gorgeous eyes of his.  You can't help but smile at him. 

"Smiling now are we, love?"  He raises his eyes in a playful way, his teeth showing through his grin.

You lightly scoff, shaking your head to hide your smile, "I don't know what you're talking about, Paul." 

You attempt to brush it all off, but Paul was not going to.  "No, no I think ya do."  His voice in a purr as you feel him moving closer towards your body.  His hands moved vivaciously across your stomach, making goosebumps pop up all over your skin.

"Paul, don't, no," you warn him as you know what will be coming next.

Paul's grin grows into a smile as his nose gently touches yours.  His eyes sparkle with lust, staring right into yours.  "You're going to have to be a little be bit louder than that, darling.  I won't be able to hear you over your laughing and screaming..."

And before you could say anything back, you feel his fingers glide all over your stomach.  You begin to scream and eventually laugh.  Paul is tickling you.  You absolutely hate it when he does this, but he won't hear of it. 

Somehow, you pleaded loud enough to make Paul stop tickling you.  You breathe endless sighs of relief as you feel Paul's body over yours.  His nose still touches yours in a gentle manner and his eyes still staring straight into yours.  Your breath is warm from all the fighting and laughing, making Paul giggle at how breathless you are underneath him. 

"I love you, (Y/N)," Paul says.

You smile brightly and say back to him, "And I love you, Paul."

And with that, you both sealed a kiss to his promise.