Ringo || Christmas Imagine

A/N: Sorry this is a bit late for some of my readers. I am out of town and having a hard time posting these. Not too good of a Wi-Fi atm. But enjoy!

December 4

Baby It's Snowing Outside

It was only the fourth day of December and you were already quitting on the holiday season. You were working extra long hours at your desk job, staying later and later every night, not getting extra pay. You had a project for work that needed to be completed by Christmas Eve, so that means no relaxing time in the warmth. You got stuck in the icy, wet snow three times already to and from work. You even had a hard time with Christmas shopping, whether it be not having a day to do it or missing out on the presents you were hoping to get for the people on your list.

And nothing seemed to help you at all.

Today was one of those days where you were able to take a day off from your busy work, but it didn't matter. You had to wake up early and get started on those long reports that are due later tonight. Plus you needed to get started on that project.

All day, from 7:00am to now 4:00pm, you have been looking at several files and gone through a dozen papers. And your husband Ringo, bless his heart, was leaving you to your work till 4:00 o'clock came.

As you write down the last word of the last sentence of your last report, you hear a light knock on the door to your work studies office.

"Yes?" You mumble, still focusing on your reports. You really wanted peace and quiet from everyone, but you didn't want to come off as being rude. Not yet of course...

"Still working on those bloody reports I see," you hear Ringo's monotone, yet soothing voice from across the room.

You sigh, "Yes of course. What do you need, Ringo?" Again, you were trying to not seem rude, but you just wanted to finish this work before you had to go to bed and to work tomorrow.

You hear his light footsteps walk from the doorway to behind your seat. You feel his soft, small hands caress your shoulders and upper back, giving you a mini massage.

You feel a light kiss on your ear, hearing Ringo whisper gently into it, "You know its snowing outside right now, love."

"Mm, and?"

"Thought you might need a break, so," he sits on the edge of your desk, moving your files around, "I thought since it's snowing outside, and you love the snow, why not join me for a bit of fun outside it?"

His voice sounded hopeful that you would put your pen down and jump up excitedly. That you would run out the door without a coat or boots on and just relax for once. Sadly, you did not.

You shake your head, "No, Ringo, I have to get started on this project before I go to work tomorrow. Sorry, but you can go out and play in the snow if you want. Besides, I haven't been too cheery about the snow as of lately." And with that you got back to writing.

Ringo's shoulders slump. He was hoping you'd say yes. You, however, didn't have time to really care. You knew that if you left the project on hold, you'd never get it started.

But, Ringo wouldn't have it.

"Oh, come on, (y/n). You deserve to relax for a bit. You've been working non stop since November. Can't you leave this adult thing alone for a day and just spend some time having fun?"

You sigh in response. Yes he was right, but you have always been terrified that you would be fired if you didn't work and stress yourself out.

Ringo stares at you as you stay silent, scratching away at your homework. He hates seeing you stress out and not enjoy a day or two off from work. He had to get you to say yes.

"Come on," Ringo pokes you, but you don't respond, "Please." He keeps poking you, but nothing.

His next move: make some noise. Ringo begins to play with your stapler, tape and pencils that lay about on your desk. From tapping the butt ends of the pencil to stapling the air. He was trying to irritate you and you knew it. You couldn't let his noise, though he does an amazing job making beats, get to you.

You thought that he would eventually stop, but five minutes later he was still going strong, even adding the tapping of your files into the mix! You couldn't stand it any longer.

"Ringo, please," you shout, "As much as playing in the snow sounds fun to you, I've got adult things that need to be done before I get fired from my boss."

"Awe, rubbish," Ringo says, "Come on!Your boss won't fire you. Lets just enjoy the snow for once."

"Please leave me alone," you beg. You didn't mean to sound bitchy or hurt poor Ringo's hope, but he needed to understand that you couldn't do anything besides your work.

Leaving your office, you sigh and begin to get back to working on the project when you hear Ringo once again.

"Look, I've got your boots and coat, lets go!"

You turn around to see a smiling Ringo stand in the door way. He has his heavy navy coat on with his black snow boots. Atop of his head is the cute navy beanie you bought for him last Christmas.

You shake your head with a smile. Ringo looked so much like a little kid standing in the doorway with hopefulness. How could you say no now?

"Fine," you finally agree, "But just 15 minutes, understand?"

Ringo jumps with a "yes", and pulls you outside into the freezing, snow covered ground.

It was definitely an evening that you needed away from work.