Paul || Christmas Imagine

December 1

An Early Start to Christmas

You were getting the much needed sleep after all the rush of family and food the past week.  You were finally able to sleep in longer, or so you thought.  Your peaceful dreams soon fade, as your mind awakens when you hear what sounded like boxes being moved across your hardwood floor downstairs.

"Paul," you call for your boyfriend.  You were too tired, and lazy, to find out what the noise was, so Paul was next to call on.

You don't hear anything though.  You sigh, "Paul!"  You stretch your arm over to poke him on the shoulder, but when you do, you don't feel his soft skin. 

You raise your head up from being buried into the pillow and see his spot on the bed empty.  Slept in, but not in bed.  You furrow your eyebrows, confused on where he could be.

Your ears perk up when you hear that same noise again.  'He must be downstairs, but doing possibly what at...,' you look over at the clock beside your bed: 7:15 in the morning.

You become even more confused, and so you decide to wake up from your peaceful slumber.  You wrap your cold body underneath a silk robe and head downstairs in hopes to find Paul.

Rather than finding Paul when you come downstairs, you find something rather surprising to your eyes.  All around you, you see boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations all over the floor.  String lights of red and green lead from one box to the fireplace, still needing to be hung.  Packages of new ornaments lay out on the coffee table awaiting to brighten the tree that's to come.  The smell of a fresh candle filled the room with scents of mistletoe leaves and icy peppermint.  It did make it feel more like Christmas.

Your mind stops from wandering when you see Paul stumble into the room.  In his arms, he holds tinsel and small Christmas decors to put all over the house.  You giggle, seeing Paul look like an excited little kid waiting for Christmas Day to come sooner.

"Oh good!  You're finally up!" 

"What are you doing at this ungodly hour, Paul?"  You ask, giggling still as you watch him struggling to unwrap himself from the sparkling tinsel.

"Oh, er, just thought we could get a head start on Christmas is all," he answers, his cheeks turning a pink hue, "Do you mind, love?"

You shake your head with a smile and go over to help Paul unwrap himself.  In a breeze, he goes back into decorating mode.  You carefully watch him jump from one box to the next, looking for certain items and then hanging them all up.

"Paul, you've got to be kidding me.  Isn't it a bit early for decorations?"  You love to decorate for the holidays, but it was early for you to start.  Thanksgiving just felt like yesterday, and you still needed rest to recharge yourself for this next big holiday. 

"It's never to early, love," you feel a light peck on your cheek.

"Morning to you too," you mumble, moving a box over on the couch and plop yourself down, "How long have you been up?"

Paul, focusing on hanging some lights along the fireplace, says, "Uh, about two hours now."

"Two hours?  Aren't you tired from all that has happened this past week?"

"God no," he exclaims.  You feel a hard plop beside you, jolting you back awake.  "Don't tell me you are, love?"

You sigh, "Sadly, yes."

You feel Paul wrap his arms around you, bringing you closer to his warm body.  Light kisses pepper all over your jaw and neck, making you melt instantly.  This is what you were hoping to wake up to this morning.

"You can't be tired just yet, love," you hear Paul whisper into your ear, "Christmas is for cuddling and endless kisses under the mistletoe."

You blush as you feel Paul's hands go lower down your back and below your stomach line.  One of the best things about this cold weather and holiday season was the cuddling and sneaky kisses from under the mistletoe.  Of course though, that could lead to heavy amounts of hot pleasure in the bedroom.  It made your stomach turn a bit, especially with how exhausted you were.

"True, but," you remove yourself from his warm embrace.  You would rather just stay there with him, but you were not in the mood for what would come next.  "Before we get to any of that, we have to finish decorating now."

Paul laughs, excitedly jumping up from the couch, "Yes!  Hand me the hammer, love, and let's get this place all decorated, and ready for Christmas because afterwards, we'll start on that cuddling and mistletoe."  He winks at you, making you giggle and pass over the hammer to him.