0.2

Kayla's pov.

All you can hear are the clicks of forks on the plates. And all you can feel is the awkwardness of the silence.

"So Kayla, do you have a boyfriend?" Luke asks with a smirk on his face. "No, I don't have a boyfriend." I kick him from under the table. He jerks back a bit. "C'mon don't lie a pretty girl like you would have a boyfriend, tell us about yourself." He says bringing the attention towards me. I clear my throat, "Well, my mother works for this big music thing. My dad is a teacher so I don't see them much. I hardly know my parents. Plus I live on my own." I say, I didn't want to say it but if I didn't I'd sound like a complete jerk.

I look over at Chris and she's eating her mashed potatoes. "Kayla and I met earlier at the car shop. She worked so hard she had my car done in less than 3 hours." Ashton says, filling the silence. "She's a good worker, Kayla I wanted to ask you if you'd come today because I was going to ask you to train Luke, he's going to be working with us. I know I may not be the best of bosses but you'd really be doing me a big favor."

Why does Liz have to stick me with the most annoying boy on earth.

"This will be a great experience." I sigh. I see Luke staring at me. "So what band does your mom manage?" Calum asks, "I honestly don't know she never talks about them" I lie, what I meant to say is that she's never home.

We all are done eating and I'm way overfilled with food, "Mom can Kayla stay for a sleep over." Chris screams, "Just make sure she's okay with it" Liz answers back. I nod without Chris even asking me.

I've never had a sleep over, it was always either staying home alone or going out to the mall. "Ugh no she's staying here?" Luke whispers over to his friends. "Oh can we join the sleep over." Michael says with a creeper face. "Fine but, you're gonna have to put that creeper face away." I say as he brings his pillows and blankets over with me.

"Guys what about fifa." Luke yells, he sits alone with a game remote controller on his hand. "Nah man I hate fifa. Come join us, Chris throws the most awesome sleep overs. Stop being grouchy." Ashton says waving Luke over.

"So, I see you and Calum have a tiny thing going on, I saw y'all playing footsie under the table." I nudge Chris on the shoulder. "Yeah but, Luke forbids it to ever happen so I have to stay away from Cal." She says as she puts her head down.

"Who cares what Luke says, if you love someone you love them. You just can't let it go like that." I whisper so Luke doesn't hear me, I turn around to see Luke playing fifa alone and he looks pissed off. "He's my brother Kayla, he'll get freaking pissed" She says sighing a bit. I don't respond and open the door to Christine's room. Her room is huge, a bit empty. I plug my phone into her television. "Are we going to watch one of those American movies?" Ashton and Calum guess. "We are going to watch, the breakfast club", The TV comes on with the Netflix logo. As the movie starts Cal and Christine get comfortable, they're so cute what's wrong with Luke.

It wasn't even 1/5 of the movie and everyone was asleep, Calum and Christine cuddled together on the floor, Michael and Ashton hugging. I still hear the fifa downstairs and Luke has about 3 soda cans on the table and a bag of chips. I lean against the door, "That's not healthy." He flinches at my voice. "Holy shit where'd you come from?" He screams, "Uh well my moms Australian and my dad is American so" He laughs, "No loser, I mean were you standing there for a long time or just now?" He says a bit worried, "I was just there about 5 minutes ago, I was going to leave, you know since everyone is asleep in Christine's room." I pull my red stilettos on. "N-no you should stay its not s-safe for you too walk alone, d-dressed like that." He points at my clothing. "And is there anything wrong with my clothing?" I ask with a slight smile, he swallowed loud, I could hear it. "N-n-no, I mean youre not my type so-" He tries and find the words. "I never said I was your type," I say confused. He turns a ruby red.

"Are you okay? If it makes you feel any better i'll stay." I say as his chest rises up when he breathes heavily. "Yeah I mean okay good." What the heck is wrong with this boy. "Are you going to need sleeping clothes because Christine's clothes is too small for you and youre about a size smaller than me" He hands me a white cut shirt with blue superman boxers. "Thanks." I say heading to the bathroom right across from Luke's room. I hear a knock on the bathroom door, "You'll be sleeping in my room." He says, Wow okay. "Why?" I say walking out. "The other boys have filled in the spare rooms." He says, Christine is tucked in her bed. "Okay, well then," I pause at entering Luke's room.

"I'm not quite sleepy" I say walking out to the couch. "Me too, its just 12am we can go out for PinkBerry if you want, my mom always leaves me the keys to the shop." He says dangling two large keys in my face.

"Lets do it then." I cheer, "I just hope there aren't people outside because I'd be embarrassing being seen walking with a weirdo in superman boxers." He says walking out the door. "Well, are you going to insult me the whole way or are we going to eat damn frozen yogurt in peace at 12am?" I say stopping him by putting my arm on his muscular chest. "Your hand is warm, keep it there." He says, I leave my hand there. I can feel his heart beat and his chest rising up and down.

"Lets go." He says pulling my hand softly. "Wait I need to pee first" I sigh, he pulls down his pants zipper and aims at the garden. "Ew don't do that" I say in disgust. "Sh sh, if you talk it crawls back up." He says quoting the famous Bender from The breakfast club. "You're quite disgusting c'mon lets go." I say hurrying him.

[EDITED] K SO LUKE IS SUCH A WEIRD CHARACTER. JUST TO CLEAR UP THINGS CHRISTINE IS A GIRL, THEY CALL HER CHRIS AS A NICKNAME.

ALSO THE GIF IS THE BOYS REACTIONS TO SEEING KAYLA AT THE HOUSE.