The Sound of Snowfall

Kota

I sense Sang waking beside me. Somehow, I can always tell. I've been up for a while, but since we don't have anything much planned today I figure I'll let the rest of the guys rest. We all deserve it. And badly need it, too, probably.

Sang suddenly turns, and it's an effort to keep my eyes closed. She's quiet, content to simply lie there, breathing next to me. I thread my arms around her shoulders, inviting her in. She immediately snuggles in close, burrowing her face into me and tucking her legs into mine. For a long moment she becomes so still I think she's gone back to sleep. But then I feel her grinning against my chest.

"Guys," she calls.

I think Luke or Nate grumbles something nearby.

"Guys," she calls louder. "Guys, wake up."

"Go back to sleep, Sang. It's too early to get up," North growls.

Sang stills again, then starts wriggling. She's excited about something, but I can't figure out why. In any case, her wriggling is turning me on. Never mind the fact that it's morning and I've woken up next to the most beautiful girl I've ever met and I already have a hard-on. Her moving around's not helping matters.

"Baby, sleep."

I finally reach a hand up, rubbing her back. Might as well give the guys a break. "Sang, let them sleep. It's vacation," I add softly. 

"No," she whines.  Strange. She's never so adamant unless it's something really important. What could be so critical this early in the morning? "Get up, guys. We have to go outside."

Gabe lets out a loud groan. "Trouble, I love you and everything, but shut the fuck up and go back to sleep."

"Guys. It's snowing."

My hand stills at her back. What? Snow? Here? "Sweetie, you're dreaming." Sang has nightmares, and she'd often whimper, but she never talked in her sleep. This is a first. 

"No really. It's snowing."

"You can't even see the window," I say. 

"It's snowing. I swear. I can hear it."

How does a person "hear" snow? Is that even possible? I hear Gabe let out a snort, before he and some others start chuckling. "You're so full of shit, Trouble."

"Meanie?" Sang sing-songs beside me. I smile at her, eyes fully open now. Her silliness never fails to amuse me. It's part of what I love about her.

"Trouble."

"Go look."

I'm sure she's joking, but at least we'll all have a good laugh if he actually falls for this.

"No," says Gabe. "You're tricking me."

"I swear. It's snowing."  

"No, it isn't."

Sang turns away from me in a huff to lie on her back. I prop up my head on my hand, and look down at her. "I bet you a dollar," she says.

"I'm not getting up for a dollar," Gabe replies back.

"I'll bet you . . . what do you want?"

"Gabe, don't fall for it. She'll get you to get up and then while you're up, she'll get you to get something for her. Like a cup of water or something. It's an evil girl trick."

I snort. Sounds like something you'd do, too, Luke, I think.

But Sang's getting frustrated now, because none of us are really paying attention to her and no one wants to get up. "Guys," she says. "I swear. I'd bet my soul . . ."