•Chapter 1•

Everything has a beginning.

Whether it's a book, project, business, friendship.

Everything starts from somewhere.

This is our beginning.

How our friendship was born.

How it developed and blossomed.

How we basically grew up together.

How we got into our first fight.

How it leads to our friendship dying in the end, like a horror movie.

...

Briana POV
September 5th, 8:30 am.

It's my first day of 3rd grade today, and I can't even begin to describe my excitement.

I heard that this year, we're going to have a couple new kids, which was really uncommon.

I really hope I can be their friend!

Right as I take my seat at the desk with my name on it, the teacher walks up.

She looked to be in her 50's, with short blonde hair that went up to her shoulders and blue eyes that had faint wrinkles around them.

She had a nice aura surrounding her.

"Good morning class! Welcome to your first day of 3rd grade. My name is Mrs. Bove and I'll be your teacher for the year." She smiled.

"We do have two new students to the school this year, and I would like everyone to introduce themselves."

My best friend, Jasmine, was in my class this year. We usually never have the same teacher.

Her and I have been friends since the kindergarten, and have been inseparable ever since.

"Briana Vasquez, would you like to be the first to introduce yourself?" She asked.

I nod and stand up with a smile.

"Hi! My name is Briana Vasquez, my friends call me Bri. My favorite color is purple, I like to sing and dance, and I hope to become friends with everyone!"

"Very good Briana! Next up we have Ebony Dellas, would you mind saying a few things about yourself?"

Ebony immediately stood up and started to speak.

"My name is Ebony Dellas, I can dance while hula hooping, and I want to be one of the cool kids!"

She seems kind of mean, she'll probably become apart of this group of kids that call themselves the "squad"

In reality they're just big bullies who think they're better than everyone. Which just isn't true, everyone is amazing in their own way.

"Asher King, care to introduce yourself?" Ms. Bove asked.

Sounds like another new kid, hopefully this one is nice.

I look to see a boy with dark brown hair and eyes stand up.

He looked really tall to only be in the third grade, he was probably the tallest one in the class.

"Hey, my name is Asher King, I'm 9 years old, my favorite color is red, and I like playing basketball"

After asking all the students to introduce themselves, Mrs. Bove let us get to know each other until lunch time.

During this time I ended up talking with Jasmine and the new girl, Ebony.

Her and Jasmine got along really well.

Her and I, not so much.

Once lunch came around, I sat next to Jasmine and my other friends, Mia and Alexis.

We talked about the new boy and how he was kinda cute.

During recess, we sat at a table that was in between the basketball court and the playground.

I couldn't help but notice Asher playing basketball in the court.

He was actually fairly good at it and seemed to be enjoying himself.

I decided to try to get his attention, so I walked into the court and took the ball away from him, shooting it and surprisingly making it.

I really suck at sports, so this was a shock to me.

"Welp, didn't expect that to happen." I laughed.

"Really? Why not? You seem like you would be the type to be good at sports." He asked.

"I get that a lot for some reason. In reality I suck at every sport that includes using any kind of body part."

"Hey, your name is Briana, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "And yours is Asher, right?"

"Yup, hey, you seem pretty cool, do you want to be my friend?" He asked.

I smiled widely, "Yes! But...I think it would be way more fun if we were best friends."

"Best friends it is then." He chuckled.

"Awesome! Well I better get going...my other friends are waiting for me over there." I say, starting to walk away.

"Ok bye!" He waved.

"Bye best friend!!" I yelled out, giggling.

I walked back to the table, with a huge smile on my face.

...

And that's how our friendship began.

After that day, we were inseparable.

Always hanging out with Jasmine.

It stayed this way for the remainder of elementary and middle school.

Everything felt perfect.

But just like everything has a beginning, it also has to come to an end, sooner or later.
___________________________
Hey guys! So this is an edited version of the original first chapter of My Ex Best Friend. I finally decided to start editing the earlier chapters of the book since I started writing this in the 6th grade, and the old writing really makes me cringe. Since the book is now getting more popular, I would like newer readers to be able to see better writing than what it was before. My writing has really improved since the start and I want it to be shown throughout the whole book. I really hope that you enjoyed this chapter. With that being said, I'll see you in the next chapter. Byyyye 😌✨

Word count: 916