t w e n t y f o u r - y o o n g i

"Okay, guys, she's in," I announce to my bandmates as we jump into the van.

   "Of course she is, hyung. She gets to hang out with you," Jimin replies. Manager-nim starts the engine and we begin our drive to the shooting location.

   "Yeah, what were you guys up to last night?" Namjoon questions. He raises an eyebrow suggestively and I roll my eyes in return.

   "She was tired when she got back. A little drama with a friend. So we talked a little bit and watched a movie— we ended up falling asleep."

   "Cute," Jungkook says under his breath. I decide not to call him out for it despite his words bringing a pinkish hue to my cheeks. He tried to keep it to himself, at least.

   "It'll be nice to chat with Rin again; I'm excited to see her," Seokjin says.

   "I'm glad. She really took a liking to you, hyung. I mean, she likes most of you," I shoot daggers at Jimin as I speak. "So, I don't see why she won't be just as excited to see everyone."

   "Noona does not not like me," Jimin says. "I just don't think she's used to me yet."

   "I've been living with you for three years and even I'm not used to you, Park Jimin," Hoseok says. Laughter ensues from everyone except Jimin, Manager-nim included.

   "So, why does Sangmi want Rin specifically for this shoot?" Namjoon asks our manager. 

   "I don't know. She just told me that Rin-ssi was on the list when she was choosing the roster. I guess she just thinks these clothes will suit her well," he replies. "That, and if Sangmi really wants Rin to work for her, she'll have to reach out to get her to enjoy modeling, and doing more shoots with you around will probably make her more comfortable."

   "That makes sense, I guess," Taehyung says. "Even if we aren't going to be in the same pictures, Rin will still hang out with us off the set."

   "Right, exactly," I affirm.

   The remainder of the drive to the shooting location is relatively lax; there's no traffic, Manager-nim doesn't yell at us for being a disruption, and we arrive on time. We're whisked off to hair and makeup trailers shortly after. Thankfully, no one's dyeing my hair today, but we all spend a decent amount of time inside getting primped and preened.

   The shooting location is outdoors, in the flats outside of the city by some rusted metal equipment and cinderblock and brick walls. The flats usually don't get much action, but today they're full with studio lights, makeup trailers, and busy stylists bustling about so they can get home sooner rather than later. The sky is cloudy, providing a gray backdrop to an already dull set. With luck, this pleases Sangmi rather than disappointing her. An unhappy Sangmi is not pleasant to work with.

   When my hair stylist finally sets me free, I give her a quick bow of thanks and then walk from the makeup trailer over to the wardrobe trailer. I'm handed my first outfit, consisting of a black hoodie with black and white Disney characters all over it, blue jeans, and Adidas sneakers. I'm cautious putting the hoodie on to avoid messing up my freshly-styled hair, which has been poofed significantly and looks quite nice despite the gray having faded to a sandy blonde color. I'm about to leave wardrobe when Taehyung enters.

   "Rin just got here, hyung. She's looking for you."

   "Okay, Tae. Thank you," I reply, and make my way out of the trailer.

   As I open up the door, I'm shocked to hear a familiar yelp from the other side followed by a quiet thud.

   "Shit! You okay, Rin?" I ask, stepping outside the trailer to encounter my friend whom I just hit with the door. I put a hand on her shoulder, finding her bent over and touching her forehead.