t w e n t y s i x - y o o n g i

"I'm gonna die. Oh my God, it's so hot in here," Taehyung whines, laying on the practice room floor and breathing heavily. We just ran through the Fire choreography for the fourth time in a row. Thankfully, we're nearly done with practice.

   "You're weak, Tae," Jungkook replies, taking a sip of a bottle of water with a smug grin on his face. "We've only got to do it one more time and then we're done, so get up."

   "Fine," groans Taehyung. Jungkook helps him up and offers him the bottle of water. Around me, Hoseok is checking his phone, Jimin is stretching, Namjoon is sitting with his head against the wall, and Seokjin is practicing the move that's the hardest for him. I'm sitting in the corner just watching it all happen, my phone dangling idly in my hand. I'd earlier been on Twitter and just don't have the energy to put the phone away.

   "C'mon, guys! Last one!" Jimin announces, standing up and jumping a bit. "You do all want to go home, don't you?"

   "Absolutely," I say as I rise. I tug at the legs of my black skinny jeans to pull them down and then readjust my white snapback and black t-shirt. I'm feeling monochromatic today. As I move slowly to the center of our newly-acquired all-white practice room, the other boys join me in formation. Thankfully, this is the final run-through of this dance before we get to go home. Our manager starts the music and we all pull ourselves together for a few minutes to make it through the intense choreography. About halfway through the song, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Curious, but not willing to stop the dance to check, I decide to look at the notification later. When we finish the song, our manager congratulates us all and tells us to just have some fun for awhile. Later today we have a Simply K-pop stage, but that's our only other schedule.

   "Nice work, hyung," Jimin says to me with a smile.

   "Thanks, Jimin," I reply, pulling out my phone to check the text.

Hey! The CEO gave the OK for the music video, and I just emailed the foster home. Sihyuk wants us to storyboard, so maybe I could stay the night again to work on that? Would you mind?
sent 9:47am

   I write out a response but don't send it until I ask the manager.

   "Manager-nim? Is it okay if Rin stays the night again? We need to storyboard our music video."

   He thinks about it for a moment, then nods. "Yeah, just make sure she's the only one sleeping on the couch tonight."

   My face goes crimson immediately and I nod, quickly hitting send on my text and trying to avoid listening to my bandmates mocking me.

Yeah, that works. Do you need me to pick anything up for you?
sent 9:50am

If you're offering, I could use my laptop and another change of clothes.
sent 9:51am

Can do! We're heading out of practice now, so I'll run by and get everything.
sent 9:51am

Cool, thank you. I don't think I'll be at the dorm until later, I'm working with Sangmi today. I'll try and meet you at Simply K-pop, though.
sent 9:52am

Nice! Good luck, fighting!
sent 9:53am

   "Yoongi, come on or I'm locking you in here," Namjoon announces. I look up from my phone to find all of my bandmates standing near the practice room door, waiting on me. I grab my things quickly and rush to meet them, apologizing for slowing them down. We all walk down to the parking garage together, hurrying to either our own vehicles or to company cars to head out and about in Seoul.