t w e n t y f i v e - r i n

As the final few shots for the girls' shoot wrap up, I scan the area for any sort of timepiece. It's been at least an hour and a half since the boys left, but I'm not sure exactly what time it is nonetheless. I put my hand on the shoulder of a girl named Yoobin next to me and strike a final pose— a winning smile with my other hand on my hip. My dress has Mickey Mouse on the front of it, and it's the final outfit of mine for the day. I'm excited to get out of here despite having a good time.

   "Okay! Rin, Yoobin, you're done! That's a wrap!" Sangmi exclaims, shooting me a wink. I smile and step off the set, immediately bowing to all the staffs around me and thanking them for their hard work. Once I've bowed at everything that moves, Sangmi puts a hand on my shoulder.

   "Excellent work again, Rin-ah," she muses. "Have you considered my offer yet? I know it's a big thing to think about, so please do take your time, but I'm curious."

   "Well," I begin. "I really haven't had time to think about it all that much. I've been working on a lot of music lately and— well, this is supposed to stay under the radar, but Yoongi and I are going to release a collab track soon. That's been eating up a lot of my time recently, so I've been super busy just working on music. Not to mention a lot of other things going on with me. This is a lot of fun, Sangmi— it really is, don't get me wrong. I just need more time to think on it. I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience to you."

   "It's okay, Rin. You take all the time you need to decide, alright? Just make sure if you're going to sign with a label that it's with me." She laughs and I can't help but laugh, too.

   "Absolutely. Thank you, Sangmi."

   "No problem. Now, go get changed. You don't get to keep those, after all."

   "Right." I head to the wardrobe trailer and change back into my clothes. Yoobin is still there, and she chats with me as we're both getting ready to leave.

   "This is really only your second gig?" She queries.

   "Yeah, I don't have a lot of experience with this."

   "You're a natural, kid. Are you signed to the label yet?"

   "Thank you, and not yet. I've got a lot of other stuff I've been doing and I haven't really gotten the chance to think about Sangmi's offer yet."

   "Well, hey, you'll make a lot of money from this. If it comes down to dollars and cents, this is the place to be."

   "You're right about that," I say with a laugh. Internally, I think of the two million won that was wired to my bank account today— the same pay as the last time. If I do take this job, money won't be too much of a problem. Hell, I could probably quit working at the library.

   "Hey, it's been nice, but I've gotta go. Hope to see you around, Rin!" Yoobin exclaims, leaving the trailer.

   "Yeah, see you!" I reply. I spend a few more minutes cleaning myself up before I too leave the trailer and jump into my car. I've got to get my stuff from home.

   As I drive, Bangtan's Danger begins to play. Odd, really, that an older song of theirs is playing on the radio now, but I'm not complaining. I smile, singing along to the best of my ability, and let my thoughts wander to how kind the boys are to me. Even Jungkook, who was terrified of me from the moment he first saw me, today ended up solving my biggest immediate problem. I'm going to have to write them all one hell of a thank-you note.

   I pull into my driveway, but as I'm doing so I notice a small disturbance. The mailbox has been left open, and I can see a single letter inside. The mail normally does come today, but it's just strange that the door was left open. My mind wanders to Juyoung as I think about the letter, and I just hope it's not from him. I park the car and make my way to the mailbox, removing the letter and deciding to read it a little later. I unlock the door, set the letter on the coffee table, and rush up to my bedroom. I quickly gather pajamas, a couple changes of clothes, my phone charger, and all the necessary toiletries I'll be needing. Before I leave again, I decide to take a shower, feeling just a little gross from the photo shoot. I end up being in the shower for about thirty minutes, and when I'm done I change into leggings and a white t-shirt before I head back downstairs with my little bag of belongings. I'm about to walk out the door when I remember the letter on the coffee table. I quickly pick it up and scan it, hoping it's not a bill of some kind. Thankfully, but a bit confusingly, it's not. The letter is from a foster home outside of the city. I arch an eyebrow and sit down to open and read the letter. Pulling the piece of paper from its envelope, I begin to read.