Chapter 18: New beginning

Court Lady Kim eyed Soo Yeon for a few seconds and asked without bothering about Minister Yoo's feelings. "What business do you have?"

"She is my guest. You don't have the right to know what business she does."  Minister Yoo was quick to retaliate.

"Well then why are you bringing her to the King's palace then? Shouldn't you have brought her to your office? Unless...you had other purposes?" She asked suspiciously.

"Hmm! She said she had an appointment with the King but yet she doesn't have any prove with her. I'm just about to send her out of the palace..." He explained as he couldn't come out with an excuse any further.

Court Lady Kim stared into the eyes of Soo Yeon. She said, "Well wouldn't that mean you have committed a trespassing crime? Unless... I hire you to become a servant in the palace. How about that?" She suggested.

"S-servant?" That certainly was not what Soo Yeon came for.

"That will be great. You should be honoured that Court Lady Kim is willing to keep you as a servant instead of me throwing you into the dungeon." Minister Yoo was glad he avoided the responsibility of bringing in an outsider in to the palace now that Court Lady Kim was willing to bear his burden.

"Be grateful and do well." He commented before leaving the scene.

"I'm sorry but I cannot be a servant here. I am here to meet the King specifically because he invited me to learn tea making here." Soo Yeon confessed after that official left.

"Girl, you don't know what you have gotten yourself into." Court Lady Kim drew closer to Soo Yeon as she spoke softly, "Listen to me for now, we shall talk in my chamber."

Court Lady Kim brought Soo Yeon to her palace and she was awed by the interior of the palace. An comforting smell welcomed the girl and a splendid display of tea accessories made Soo Yeon excited as she gasped.

Suddenly, a thought came to her mind as she made an assumption that perhaps this court lady would be her teacher?

Court Lady Kim invited her to take a seat in her room while she sat opposite Soo Yeon.

"Sorry, but may I ask if you're the one I'll be learning tea making from?" Soo Yeon couldn't help herself any longer.

Court Lady Kim gave her a look as she sighed in defeat. "The King had called for me a few days ago and informed that a girl would be here to learn tea making. Today I was supposed to bring you here but when I got to your house,  a man told me you have left. And I saw you together with Minister Yoo."

"I'm sorry for all that trouble... It's just some things happened and I was reckless with my actions... I apologized." Soo Yeon confessed with guilt.

"You should've waited for the King's orders...As for now, you shall stay here  as my new maiden in Damiwon Palace. I will teach you everything about tea making."

"Y-you'd really teach me?!" Soo Yeon couldn't believe it. She's really going to achieve her dreams soon.

"Yes. The King told me you have a talent in tea making. I'm having great expectations from you." Court Lady Kim smiled as she nodded.

"Um...I have one more question." Soo Yeon prepared her heart as she asked shyly. "When can I see the King?"

To that, Court Lady Kim gave her a serious looking expression as she wondered, "Why are you so eager to see the King?"

"Well..." Soo Yeon was flabbergasted as she thought Court Lady Kim knew about their relationship. But clearly she doesn't and Soo Yeon didn't know what to say. "I-I'm making tea for the King right?"