Chapter 26: Return

"Cheon na! Cheon na!" Soo Yeon screamed as she struggled to break free from the eunuch's hold. 

"Please keep quiet! Are you trying to wake everybody up?" Eunuch Lee reprimanded as he used his hand to cover Soo Yeon's mouth without touching. 

"Why are you treating me like this? Didn't you promise me?" Soo Yeon continued to wail as her cries haunted the King's chamber. 

"I beg of you, keep quiet!!" Eunuch Lee was anxious as he screamed back at the poor girl. 

"Miss Oh, please stay calm. Once the King has decided what to do, he will call you back again." Yong Jun advised firmly as he stood in front of Soo Yeon to prevent her from entering the chamber. 

Soo Yeon's body slumped on to the floor and she cried a river. She simply couldn't comprehend the King's actions and she wanted an answer straight away. Was the King really just fooling around with her? 

"Take her away." Yong Jun ordered his men and they dragged Soo Yeon out of the King's palace. 

//

At the sight of Soo Yeon escorted by the soldiers to Damiwon Palace, Court Lady Sun quickly rushed over to support Soo Yeon. 

"What happened to her?!" The court lady demanded urgently. 

"She shall not be permitted to enter the premise of the King's palace until further orders." The soldiers left the message and marched away. 

Court Lady Sun glanced at Soo Yeon and also the surroundings; checking the coast was clear, she quickly brought the poor girl to her chamber. She allowed Soo Yeon to rest on her bed and she sat beside her. 

She looked at Soo Yeon apologetically as she totally understand what Soo Yeon was going through. She went through the same ordeal before with the ex Crown Prince in the past. It was a horrible past considering the personality of the ex Crown Prince. But so many years had passed and the Crown Prince was longer on Earth. Nobody remembered or knew about her abortion anyway.

Court Lady Sun caressed Soo Yeon's hair gently as she sighed. "Rest well for tonight. It's going to be tough in the future." Those were the only thing she managed to come up with.

Soo Yeon awoke early that morning and was shocked when she saw Court Lady Sun beside her. She felt apologetic that Court Lady Sun had to accommodate her for the night. She left the room and got washed up quickly before heading out to the gardens to water the plants.

Soo Yeon still couldn't get over the King's cold attitude towards her from yesterday as she clenched her fists which was holding on to the golden ring chained with her necklace. She felt uncomfortable but she refused to let it take over her body. 

"S-Soo Yeon ah..." Court Lady Sun let out a breath of relief when she saw Soo Yeon at the garden taking after the plants. She awoke to find Soo Yeon missing and quickly got up and changed out of her sleeping clothes. 

Soo Yeon quickly kept the necklace underneath her hanbok and turned to greet Court Lady Sun. "Good morning." Soo Yeon forced a smile. "Thank you for yesterday...and sorry for having to deal with my trouble." 

"I got worried because I couldn't see you by my side. How are you feeling?" Court Lady Sun asked gently.

Soo Yeon felt her tears threatening to fell but she quickly controlled it as she grinned before answering, "I will be fine."

Court Lady Sun returned the smile as she nodded and encouraged, "Feel free to talk to me any time." 

//

It was a free day for the ladies in Damiwon Palace and Soo Yeon decided to meet up with her best friend Sunny after a year. She left the palace and headed for Sunny's place. Right outside, she could already heard the babies crying. Sunny had given birth to twins last year and Soo Yeon felt regretful for not being able to be there to congratulate her.