Chapter Six

When you finally grabbed a hold of your thoughts again, sealing up the entrance and making your way back to the ballroom, you play back over what Ken said to you, "Darkiplier can read minds..." That meant, if there was something you didn't want him knowing, you couldn't even think about it. What did he already know about you? "He can only read your surfacing thoughts, so just don't dwell on thoughts you don't want him knowing," That was going to be difficult, especially since the only good thing in your life right now was the thought that you'll be able to save all those humans...

You were at one of the doors leading back into the ballroom, contemplating if you really wanted to do that or just wait it out and just take the punishment that was going to be given to you. Not like you broke any rules though.

"Kitten~?," Dark's voice stated, catching you off guard as you notice he's standing right there. He picks a rose from the rose bush... and it turns pitch. Dropping it with a huff of irritation, he approaches you and you try your best to distract you mind, beginning to think about how embarrassing that was,

"S-sorry master... I couldn't handle all those people staring at me," you tilt your head to look at your toes,

"You'll have to get used to it for future balls that I shall inevitably be forced to host," A sinking feeling engulfed your stomach "But, for tonight I can make a slight exception," 

You finally feel a positive emotion: gratitude. You were sure to show that on your face, even though you knew he doesn't care... Why can't he always be understanding like right now? "This is a one time thing, I don't usually act like this," confused as to how he just vocalized exactly what you were wondering, you remember he can read minds, "You know I can read minds?" he questioned, "Who told you?" his tone and expression now very agitated. You turn all your thoughts on anything else, "Tell me," he demanded, voice unwavering and demanding. You take several steps backwards, soon pressing you back and the wall, preparing to scoot away. However just as you began sidestepping, Dark zoomed over, punching his fists into the wall either side of you head (making a rather loud crunch sound, cracking the bricks), preventing you from leaving. He leant in close to your face so his hot breath tickled the side of your skin, causing goosebumps to poke out your skin. "Answer my question, kitten,"

"NO!" you scream back, your fight or flight instincts doing everything in its power to get you out of this scenario where you could do neither, even yell at the king of the world. Dark grabbed your cheeks and chin in one hand, squishing your face and forcing you to stare at him,

"If you do not answer my question in the next three seconds," his eyes were turning red and you could see smoke fly around your field of view, "I will not hesitate to treat you the way I do other humans," At this, your brain almost went to the thought of the humans locked away, but something happened.

Your body jerked forward, thinking of the only way of distracting him. You connect his and your lips. There was a pause of surprise between both of you, Dark's eyes instantly turning back to black and steely grey. It felt like electricity was tingling from your blessed lips, to the rest of your envious body, who relished to be the part of the body to connect with him. Your heart was fluttering high in your chest, making you feel as though you'd simply float away if you didn't get nearer to him.

Dark POV

I know she doesn't love me back, but I couldn't resist. I leaned in a little closer, our foreheads touching. Dear god, I couldn't fight against the thoughts that were going through my mind. Her very smell was flooding my senses. The world seemed to fall away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be.I felt like I was walking on air. It was magic, the way her lips connected with mine. Her mouth was so warm, the caress of her lips softer than I could have imagined and I opened my mouth with a low groan.