Chapter Eleven

Your POV

You've been walking for hours, but Ken is refusing to stop, and you don't blame him. You need to create A LOT of distance if we want to be sure of being safe. However, despite this, everyone is exhausted, even you and you've had it easy compared to them.

"We'll walk for one hour more then we can sleep," he promises. A few people let out exasperated sighs, but march on.

The footless rebel, you remember is named Ethan, collapses on the floor, panting for air. You rush over to him,

"Are you okay?",

"Y-yes," he stutters, giving you a pleasant surprise that for once it wasn't you, who was stuttering.

"Ken, I really think we should break," Lilly argues, seeing the sight of Ethan falling and deciding to take action.

Ken also turns to look and sighs, giving in, "Fine, let's set up camp,"

Everyone begins to make this tiny woodland area a nice place to rest. Ethan simply lies back down and you giggle at this, causing him to chuckle. "Finally," he breaths, 

"I'll let you rest," you say, going over to help others with organization.

"(Y/n)?" Lilly inquiries, "Why don't you just take off that necklace now? You're no longer under Dark's control. And as before, it took you a moment to understand what she meant, until your thoughts fled to the choker.

"Oh.. yes, I should take it off, shouldn't I..." You move your hands to the clip, but they linger there for a moment. She stared at you, confused as to why it was taking you so long. In all honesty, it confused you too. It's a necklace from a man you were letting go of. So let go...

"Is it stuck?" Lilly questions,

"No..." and you undo the chain, pulling it off your neck and clasping it in your hand, "No it's not..."

"Good," she grins, pleasantly unaware of the inner torment this was causing you, "Now throw it away and embrace freedom!"

But you're not free. The guilt will forever consume you...

"I can't..." you breathed, rushing away, the necklace still tight in your grip.

Hours later, once the moon is back into the sky, everyone is fed and fast asleep... except you. You're lying down on a pile of leaves, opting to allow your blanket to be used by Ethan, who really needs it. The basket Anti gave you was not only filled with enough food to late a mouth, but tents, matches, sleeping bags, a medkit and a few spare clothes. It was obviously enchanted to appear small but actually have a larger inside (like the Tardis).

The pitch sky was only just visible from behind the grey leaves of the trees and there was a glow emitting from the oil lamps of the camp. There was some kind of harsh whispering happening somewhere nearby, but you couldn't be bothered to sit up and inquire. You pray it isn't Lilly though... you've been avoiding her since the necklace business.

There was a very slight and very gentle breeze, creating a slight howling sound through the leaves. Your mind couldn't help but begin to wander to the thought of Darkiplier and how you just... abandoned him. And the others, of course. You know there's something more to him so why do you keep allowing others to persuade you otherwise! That doesn't mean Dark was a good person, but you know in your heart that there was something more. In fact, why do you keep doing what others tell you to do? When will you get some backbone!?

"U-u-u-ummm... (Y-y-y/n)?" You sit up, horrified by the sudden sound. It was Ethan, who knelt by your side, his face frozen in a glassy state of horror, pale white, like a ghost, with fear, and his stutter was extreme, even by your standards. His body shook furiously in what could only be described as pure petrification.