Chapter Fifteen

Your POV

It's so dark... and cold... How long have I been here anyway? It feels like I've been here for hours... alone in this pitch... space.

Dark POV

I sat on a bench in the gardens, waiting for my kitten to eventually stumble upon me. PewDIE would surely tell her to meet me here, as I asked, so it was just a waiting game now. Lying on the ground, just a few paces away from my feet, was the rose I plucked the night of the ball. It's still pitch... With a sigh, I lean down and pick it up, tucking it in my coat pocket.

Opposite me, was the large rose bush I originally took it from. The flowers themselves were a dull scarlet. I stood, wandering over and sliding my hand towards a rose, as I picked it... it stayed red!

"You wanted to see me, master?" my kitten introduced herself formally. She could now say my nickname without hesitation.

"Yes," I let go of the red rose, thinking perhaps something was wrong with that flower to not turn black at my touch. "I wanted to tell you, I'm going on a business trip to Grablend in a week," Her face sunk at my words, yet when I try to read her thoughts, she has full control over them, meaning I can't hear anything, "But, since it's going to last a week, I wanted to invite you,"

"Do you mean it?" her expression turned to joyful, but her words felt as though there was no meaning behind them,

"Of course," I smirk, suddenly feeling an urge in my heart to run and hug her. Being a demon though, I suppressed the feeling. She curtsied,

"I'd be honoured," then she began to approach me, seeming slightly hesitant. I raised a brow, but she then placed a palm on my shoulder, going on her tip-toes and... kissing me? I obviously kissed back, and she wrapped her arms around my neck... but unlike last time I felt nothing. No spark, no strange cherns of my stomach... just, her cold lips against mine, "I trusted you," I hear her voice say, but that's impossible since she has her lips connected with mine. "Is something wrong?" she queries, and that's when I realize I shoved her off.

"No..." I respond, having no meaning behind my words. "Did you... say anything, while we were kissing?"

She forces a giggle, "I don't think that's possible,"

Anti can't be right. This is good for all of us. Perhaps I should ask.

"Kitten," I begin, "how do you feel now that I've taken your soul?"

There was a silence, she's hesitating. I've done it all wrong, she obviously doesn't want this! Just look at her expressionless face. Wait, since when did I care? I'm a demon! D-E-M-O-N! I feel nothing, I work and fight for myself. I got to where I am alone.

"I feel like a demon..." was all she could say. "We can talk more about it later," Kitten offered, "At least until PewDIE finds out more about the consequences and the such,"

"... Yes," my head bobs in response, unable to really argue, "Besides, I have paperwork to complete,"

"Good, then I'll see you when we must leave,"

PewDIE POV

(Y/n) returned only minutes later I sent her off to the King. Antisepticeye was beginning to help me do research now and I could tell (Y/n) was surprised to see this.

"Anti, I didn't know you were into research," she commented,

"I'm not," he snapped, rather aggressively, flipping through some more pages of a book I asked him to look through, "I just want to know what we've all gotten ourselves into,"

"I see..."

I pulled out a chair and offered for her to take a seat, she politely accepted and took a book off the pile, also beginning to aid me in my scientific endeavors.

It took another three hours of group collaboration for me to finally stumble upon something. The extract read: "One of the oldest and most difficult forms of magic that has ever been cast is 'The taking of souls'. Unfortunately, since so little demons can perform such a spell, we only have one documented case of it, which is still very vague. Chancellor Frederick stole the soul of one of his human maids (for unknown reasons.) However, the maid then fell extremely ill and became a demon a week later," already, (Y/n) transformation was quicker than that, "She soon quit being Frederick's maid, since she was no longer human. We were unable to find any other record of her. But we know that Frederick didn't know she left until a week after she did, because he stated that he would hear her voice every now and again, either screaming in pain or saying rude things. Another month later, Frederick found the maid again, who apparently was dying of an unknown illness, but when he got there, she began to get better quickly. Whether that has any relation to her soul, we don't know. She moved back into his home, as an equal (and not a maid), but tragically, she murdered Frederick and disappeared. It's unclear why and if it was related to his stealing of the maid's soul."

I stare in horror at the extract I just read. This could mean so many different things, but the possibility I'm most afraid of is that what happened to these two was entirely related to Fredrick stealing the human's soul... It's odd though, because for the centuries Antisepticeye, Darkiplier and myself have been alive, I'm certain that none of us ever knew of a Chancellor named Frederick... Perhaps this book is lying, or it's just a wives tale. And this may not even apply to (Y/n)'s situation.

"Let's hope so..." I whisper. Both Antisepticeye and the hum- (Y/n), looked up from their books and turned to me, raising a brow,

"Did you find anything?" Antisepticeye questions.

"No..." I shake my head, "Nothing,"