Chapter Fourteen

Dark POV

My kitten had been in the bathroom for a while, and once I finally caught my breath again, I changed into my usual suit. There was a humble knock at the door. "Come in," I replied in an... unusually cheerful tone.

Anti opened the door, his eyebrow raised high. "Are you... happy?" he questioned, in a tone that made it seem unbelievable.

I roll my eyes and continue looking in the mirror in front of me, trying to fix my tie, "What do you want Anti?"

"Nothing from you," he snapped, walking over to the bed then freezing dead in his tracks. I could hear his mind, horrified that the human wasn't there anymore.

"KITTEN!" I call and she comes bursting through the bathroom door, sliding by my side, "I think Anti came to see you,"

"(Y/n)!" Anti exclaims, beginning to make his way over to her then... froze once again. Her... eyes..., I heard his thoughts begin to process, "The procedure is already finished?"

"I assume you came here to see if I'm alright, well I'm fine," she rather... bluntly stated. Anti nodded slightly, still hypnotized by her eyes.

"Excuse me," he quickly apologizes, darting out the room. My kitten looks after him, taking a step forward, then keeping glued to the spot.

"You can go after him," I give permission, turning back to the mirror to remake my tie.

"I don't want to," she coldly retorts, walking with purpose in front of me, swatting my hands away and beginning to make my tie for me instead. Her expression seemed angered, causing me to just stare down at her in surprise. As she tightens the tie, she does it very tight. I cough slightly, loosening it as she begins to move back to the exit. "I'll see you at breakfast,"

Anti POV

I waited for (Y/n) outside her and Dark's bedroom. Seeing her as a demon had me too emotional and I had to excuse myself before I could tell her what I came to say. Eventually, she does walk through the doors, not noticing my presence. Scheming at this perfect opportunity, I fly behind (Y/n) (as to not make a sound with my feet) and scream in her ears to surprise her. Though she was definitely unexpecting of my howl, she did not scream, simply stopped dead in her tracks and slowly turned to face me, her eyes illuminated gold and smoke boiled from her body.

"Anti..." she growled, beginning to slowly stomp towards me. She was absolutely livid.

"Jesus (Y/n)!" I exclaim, more disgusted than in any state of fear, "Who are you, Dark?"

And as if I'd just flipped a switch, her eyes turned back to frosty, lifeless. The smoke disappeared and her expression softened to a despairing realization. She moved a hand to cover her mouth, "Sorry..." she muffled through her palm, but sharply, she ran both her hands through her hair, huffing in frustration and storming away.

I watched her leave, frowning. This isn't right...

Dark wandered out his room, exchanging eye contact with me. There was a lingering sorrow, then he marched on after (Y/n).

Later, as I was sitting on a window sill, gazing at the same old view outside, I heard PewDIE cough. I look down and see him staring expectantly up at me. "Have you seen the human?"

"There is no human in this castle..." I turn back to watch the trees,

"I mean (Y/n)... I'm still having trouble remembering that she's..."

"Soulless..." I finish his sentence,

"I was going to say: a demon," he sighs, "But that too..."