Chapter 6: A boy ...girl thing!

School had been normal and quiet lately. The group of 6 was doing more than fine, and even Mae talked with them. The errand-boy act had stopped, since the day Ren found out who she was. Although Ogata didn't agree exactly at first. (But since Kazama insisted on dropping the matter) Yamato finally agreed. Yankumi was all over the place, it was parent-teacher conferences days. And encountering her students with their parents was a big deal for her.

Yamaguchi met some of the parents with the kids to talk about their future. One of them being Kengo's dad, a tofu store owner. Though It seemed Honjo was not really fond of the work his father was doing. He said that when all of them had dinner at Kuma's shop. They had just met Kuma, after a small accident outside his shop. After explaining who they were, Kuma wanted to treat them some Ramen. It was the first time the group of 6 and Mae, were actually eating together and talking normally.

Suddenly, Honjo's father collapsed from over-fatigue, leaving behind a very confused Honjo, with a money problem. Class 3-D feared that he would have to drop out, so they decided to raise money to help him. Although Mae didn't exactly agree with them. She spotted that Kengo wasn't really worried. That he seemed to worry more about the money he had taken from his father. Worried to find a way to hide the fact he had taken the money. Than dealing with what had actually happened. That caused a major fight between Mae and the five.

"Skipping school to work... He may be in a lot of trouble" said Kazama leaning against the classroom wall trying to assuage his growing anxiety.

Mae gazed at him and tilted her head "Maybe?" she mumbled.

"Being in the hospital, his dad can't open the shop." presumed Ichimura.

"And there're hospital bills, too" added Kuraki somehow depressed.

"And the money that Honjo already owns!" Mae concluded only to be ignored.

"Plus the shop might have to close," said Kamiya really worried.

Ogata voicing that "If something like that happened, it'd be bad."

"He may have to quit school, too," said Ren seriously worried.

"We have somehow to help him!" Kuraki almost yelled.

"It doesn't matter how much you really help him If Honjo alone cannot see the value of money." Mae voiced her thoughts clearly, getting everyone's attention.

"What do you mean... Not helping our friend?" Kamiya asked her as he walked a few steps toward her.

"No! That not what I am saying. I am saying that money isn't his only problem." Mae tried to explain honestly gazing at Kamiya "But Honjo should also know its value."

Ren remained leaning against the wall, he somehow understood what Mae was saying. But he wanted to help his friend.

"You are saying helping him is wrong?" Ichi asked annoyed.

"It's not that! Finding money will only fix half of the problem?" Mae said again.

Ogata turned glaring at her "No one asked you to help! We will help our friend." he uttered.

"Wasn't going to help!" Mae raised her voice "But someone that cannot see the value of money.. or cannot understand how hard it is earned. It doesn't matter how much money you get for them.." She gave a last gaze at Ren and walked out of the classroom.

"He pisses me off!" Ogata yelled ticked off.

"But somehow he has a point. Let's see how we can help Honjo!" Ren added.