Chapter 11: When everything falls apart

They froze. They couldn't move. They couldn't even breathe. All of them had to make sure, they hadn't mistaken it. (What Mae and Ogata told them up to the school rooftop.) 'How could that be?' So many details at ones. It was too much to handle, especially for Yankumi. She, also as Mae, had never heard about the Kages or about any oath. Her heart pounded so loudly, as her worries built up. After the big shock was over, Yankumi and Mae talked. They talked for a long time, trying to cross their information, and understand what happened. But sadly they didn't know that much. So, no results were given that day.

Everyone made it back to class. The first hour nothing moved in class 3D. Neither the 7 of them or Yankumi. It was only later that day when Kuraki tried to lighten up the spirits.

"You guys... I never told you! I got us a date with Kashou high girls." he said with a smile.

The boys turned and looked at him "Kashou High! How?" they all asked together.

"I cannot reveal my source but after school, they will wait for us in the nearest cafe!" he yelled and jumped around.

The rest of the day all were planning about the date. How they should address the girls. Even Mae seemed to take interfere. That caused major confusion in the group of 6.

"Isn't she a girl?" Ichi asked moving his head aside.

"Stupid, don't say that loud! The other will hear! Yes, she is!" Kamiya replied at him.

"Let her be!" said Ren smiling "If she has fun, let her interfere."

"But the girls are 6 and if 7 of us go, we will lose a girl to Mae!" Kuraki complained while leaning against his desk and crying.

"Let's talk her out of it!" Honjo suggested.

"You guys are so lost against Mae!" Ogata teased them as he was gazing at them with a smile.

The rest of the day went like that until school was over. All of them were finally ready to go on their date. Though Mae, surprising told them that she would go home and rest. They asked her if she was sure, and if they should stay with her. But Mae met it clear she needed some time for herself.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

Mae had other plans for the day. Although she seemed to be alright all day long. Mae's mind was working all the details out. There were so many questions, about the Kages, about the three families, even about the oath. She could go ask her grandfather, but she was sure she would not get all the answers she needed. So there was only one place Mae could go and get her answers to' The Oedo family'.

She showed up uninvited. (She overheard Yankumi saying she wouldn't be home until late at night.) Kuroda-san was surprised to see Yankumi's student at his house. But he invited her inside and agreed to speak with her.

"Mae, what brings you here?" Kuroda-san asked her really curious about what the young lady would want.

Mae knelt and sat on her feet formally. It was a rare occasion to see Mae like that. "Kuroda-san I am here to see you as Yanai Ryoske's granddaughter. I have heard that you know my grandfather? And I have a few questions to ask?" Mae spoke her mind again out, only this time it was formal and in a low tone.

Kuroda-san was taken by surprise. Because Mae knew about him and the three families relationship. He nodded at her "Feel free to ask?"

"Will you be able to handle all questions asked at once or will it be too confusing?" she asked again.