Chapter 7: Protect the one dearest to you

The dawn came faster as she had awaited. Mae only got her senses back, as the first sun rays broke into the room. She stretched and yawned noticing that she slept in the living room. 'Wait I never sleep here?' she thought as she noticed that she was covered with the blanket. "Odd" she mumbled, sitting up and stretching her back. In a blink of a second, she marked her buttons undone. Mae dipped her head "How did I return home. I was..the accident.. the blood.." she murmured sending her a scurrying for another seat across the room.

She couldn't move. She couldn't breathe. Yet she had to get up and go to school. But she just couldn't. She wasn't ill, or with cold or anything. Even with a fever, or cold, she would never lose school. Mae wasn't weak if it came to illnesses. What only had drained her lately was her family deaths and the sleepless nights. Mae made up her mind to stay home and rest. After all, she felt as she was slowly breaking down. And she was too self-centered to avoid, and not to take care of herself. She called the school, notifying them that she wasn't feeling good and that she would skip classes for a few days.

On the other hand, Ogata hadn't slept much all night. Finding out that Mae was a girl, kept his mind busy. He was remembering Mae reactions all this time, seeing her not as a boy but as a girl. But except her weak moments when she saw blood, she always was fearless. 'How could she be so fearless?' Ogata thought to get more pissed at her. Girls were supposed to be cute, sweet and pretty. But Mae was more self-centered, fearless, who spoke her mind out. Indeed she was pretty, and maybe cute too, but her persona outrage those things. She was that person that could simply ask one of the Akado leaders to fight with her. Not just fight with her, but fight seriously with her. Except for Kazama, no one in Akado dared to fight him. A petite girl could just do that, with no fear.

Ogata was speechless, irritated thought, but bewildered by her courage. "Who is she?" he asked more curious than before. He wanted to know. His curiosity raised more than ever. He got up. He got dressed and rushed to school. He even reached school too early that surprised everyone. Seeing Ogata or Kazama early in school was something, that even the teachers talked about.

Moments later, the class 3D was making plans to hook-up party with some girls from the neighboring schools. It was a rare occasion to handle a date with not only a group of girls but more. Everyone could go. As they tried to split which group of boys would meet which group of girls, they noticed neither Kuraki or Ogata were interested. Nothing unusual for Ogata, that had always the 'i'll pass' attitude. But Kuraki, when it came to a girl he was always first. Everyone wondered what was wrong with him. But each group needed 6 to 7 members. Plus, Mae wasn't there too. So after pushing Kuraki and Ogata some more, they agreed.

"Ne? Have you seen Mae?" Honjo asked the rest.

"No!" said Kamiya looking around for her.

Ren and Yamato turned and gazed at Mae's sit. As yankumi showed again up from nowhere telling them "Mae called early today, he isn't feeling good. So he may skips classes for a few days." All 6 gazed at her worried. Ogata tried not to showed that he was also worried. Since he knew what happened last night he looked more upset. 'I shouldn't have left.' he thought with his gaze spacing out.

Ren jumped up "Alright after class and before our date let's visit him!"

"Oh!" yelled the others and Yankumi too.

"We didn't invite you!" Ren told her. But there was no way Yankumi would listen to him.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

After school, the 6 of them with Yankumi went to visit Mae. Hearing the doorbell ring caught her off-guard. 'Who can that be?' she thought and slowly made her way towards the door. First, she fixed her shirt, putting her jacket on, and opened the door. Only to be speechless seeing Yankumi and the others storming in her house.