Chapter Three - Erik

Erik's POV

I had heard her friend call her Elizabeth... It was a really cute name, I guess that she was from another land because she had a slight accent, but I wasn’t sure about that. I got interrupted in my thoughts from her screaming. I looked around and was just about to run in the room to see what was wrong when I remembered, she was changing cloths and there was a big chance that she was only in her underwear. So I knocked on the door instead “are you okay?” I asked, it took a while but then she answered me “uhm… yes, I’m okay… I guess” she said “can I come in?” I asked “no, wait…” she said “ok, come in”. When I opened the door I saw her sitting on the bed looking down on her Brocken leg, it was swollen and looked really bad, even worse than I thought it would had, the wound was infected. I now realized that I had basically ruined her chances of becoming a danseuse by not doing anything earlier. She was shaking and I could see tears run down her cheeks, she looked frightened. I tried to calm her down and asked her to lie down on the bed while I was going to get some thinks I needed.

Elizabeth’s POV

I tried to stay calm while he went to get some things. And I got pretty surprised when I saw what he was coming back with, bandage, water, a towel and… a bottle of vodka… “Ehm… I don’t drink vodka…” I said as he sat down on the bed and took a closer look on my leg. “It’s not meant to drink” he said without looking away from the wound on my leg. “Vodka can also be used as Disinfectant…” he began, my eyes grew big… he was going to put alcohol on my leg… “Ok Elizabeth, this will burn quite a lot.” He said and soaked the towel with a mix of water and Vodka. “Wait… how do you know m-…?” I asked, I don’t remember to have told him my name. But in the next second he had put the towel against my leg, and I whimpered in pain as it burned. This was just horrible and I hadn’t even been ready. “I heard your friend call you by your name in the entre the day I took you down here.” He answered to my previous question “oh… okay, but actually everyone just calls me Eliza” I said and smiled at him as the burning got a little better. “Okay so now you know my name but I don’t know yours...?” I said. He looked like fist wasn’t going to answer but after a while he did “ehm… m-my name is Erik…” he said and looked at me. “That’s a pretty name” I said and smiled at him, and he smiled back. But then he concentrated on my leg again, he took away the towel and put the bandage around it “so, now you just have to keep is still and it will heal.” He said and looked me in the eyes “how long do I have to wait?” I asked “I don’t know, that is different from person to person. But I guess… 2 maybe 3 moths” he said “what!?” I said “but I have to find out if my sister is okay…” I said “what’s her name?” he asked “her name is Gabrielle, but everybody just calls her Gaby.” I said “she was just 6 years old when our parents -…” but I stopped talking, I had already said too much. “… When your parents, what? Did they kick you out?” Erik said and the look in his eyes scared me a little. I decided to just say the truth. “…no, w- when my parents died… it’s now 5 years ago… I miss them so much…“ and then I told Erik the whole story, or almost the whole story… he sat there and listened closely, and when I was done he gave me a hug and just held me there in his arms, it felt good to have him this close to me and I never wanted the hug to end, but a voice in my head protested and kept reminding me of that he loved Christine and never would want me, I mean Christine is a goddess with her angels voice the absolutely perfect body, and her pretty face… I was nothing compared to her.