chapter seven - Elizabeth leaves

many people read the story and i'm really grateful for that, in the beginning this only was a thing i did for fun and i wasn't expecting anyone to actually read it, but now i'm just blown away, i always do my best to up lode as fast as possible but they sometimes get really short because i have to much homework to do, and i'm really sorry that it's not so well written but as you may realized i'm actually not from an English talking land. i just decided  to write this little note to say thank you for everything! :D

Erik’s POV

I just stood there in shook, one hand brushing the place where her soft lips had touched my cheek “an… accident… nothing more…” I said more to myself than to her still don’t moving my hand, it had just been an accident and it would never be more than that, but somehow I didn’t want to believe that. An awkward silence fell between us until she finally broke it by starting to play the violin, it sounded lovely and she played with such big passion, I couldn’t stand watching her anymore and walked out of the room. I was filled of anger, why?! Why did I always have to feel this way for women who never would see me as anything more than a friend?! It was the mask… it always is… why did just I have to be like this!!!?…  WHY!!!? I felt the rage rushing through my body, I walked to one of the big mirrors on the wall and ripped of the mask and threw it away, instantly the so well-known deformed face appeared in the smooth glass surface, the whole right side was covered with red bruises and scars and the eye was slightly sunken in, the hair was light and quite thin, I locked awful and every time this face remained me of why I needed the mask. But suddenly another face appeared in the mirror, this one was stunningly beautiful with skin as white and perfect as porcelain the eyes were green and the whole face was surrounded by lose brown curls, on Elizabeth’s lips danced a little smile and she walked closer to me and put her tinny hand on my shoulder, it took me awhile but when I came back to reality I instantly looked around for the mask only to then find out that Elizabeth had it, she sighed and handed it to me “you don’t have to wear that around me, I actually think you look better without the mask on.” She said and looked at me I was just about to put the mask on again and hide the face that had coursed me to live forever alone as I stopped in shook, did I just hear right, she liked  my face?! A thought hit me, she hadn’t mentioned my mask in the time she’d been here… maybe she just didn’t want to be mean… or maybe she really didn’t mind... Maybe there was a slight chance that she wasn’t like Christine and would just except me… I looked her deep into the eyes and I knew that she told the truth “d-do you really mean that…?” I asked she nodded and we leaned closer and kissed but this time it was real, I pulled her closer to me and stroked my hand through her soft hair, her lips felt really warm against mine and I closed my eyes, a moment later she pulled away and just looked at me with a smile on her lips “Erik, I have to leave…” she said and looked away “what? Why? Have I done something wrong?” I asked, I was wrong she was just like Christine, first give me hope and then leave me alone in my dark empty hole… “No, i… - it’s just I have to find my sister… my leg is much better now a-and… I’ll come back soon, I promise…” she said and looked at me; I thought about it, what if she wouldn’t come back? What if she just run away?... but I knew how important Gabrielle was to Elizabeth so I nodded and showed her to a tunnel out of the opera, it was the only way out that wasn’t ruined, she smiled and gave me a quick kiss before she disappeared into the darkness, I just stood there for a long time and starred at the place where she’d vanished, would I ever get to see her again…?