chapter nine - shocking truth

Erik’s POV

Elizabeth had been gone for pretty long now and I started to get worried, I know that she could take care of herself, but I felt a huge desire to protect her, and I had this weird feeling that something would happened to her, something terrible… my heart raced and I turned around in hope as I hear someone walk thru the tunnel, but as I turned around it wasn’t Elizabeth that walked towards me, no, it was Madame Giry… she looked a lot older than last time I saw her and pretty tired, “guess what, my daughter just dragged me out of bed just to tell me she’d seen the “ghost” of Eliza dance down the streets, I assume it was you who saved her live?” she said and looked at me as if that was the wrong thing to do. I glared at her “yes, is something wrong with that?” I said, she just shook her head “I’m just warning you, Elizabeth is not who you she is.” She said, I was confused “what do you mean…?” I said “has she told you about her family?” she said, now I was just angry what did she mean with Elizabeth not being who I think she is? I bet I knew more about her that Madam did. “Of course she has…” I said, she gave me a look “about a fire? That’s a lie, she doesn’t want to tell the truth to anyone, her family did not die in a fire, they were murdered” she said, I froze in chock, murdered? Why didn’t she tell me? “She’ll never forget that, the first years she been here she even tried to find out who the murderer was but then gave up that so she could take care of her sister, but deep inside she still longs for revenge… where is she actually?” she asked and looked around, it took me awhile before I could talk again “she is searching for her sister, she been gone for quite a while now. Why?” I asked, all the color in Madam Giry’s face faded away “you let her go… all alone…”she stuttered “ehm… yes, is something wrong with that?” I asked, she looked down on the floor and shook her head “there is a reason I took her to the opera and never let her leave alone, I think that the murderer still is after her, it was by luck she and Gabrielle got away alive…” she murmured, my eyes grew wide as I realized what she meant “so you mean… oh no…” I said and ran away thru the tunnel leaving Madam Giry just standing there; I had to find Elizabeth before it was too late…