chapter fifteen - a couple in love

It wasn’t much of a swimming lesson as most of the time we just laughed and splashed water at each other, it was pretty fun and we forgot about time and so we stayed there till evening when the sun already was about to set, the sky looked very beautiful and we sat down on the grass, cuddling together and watching the wonderful sunset, I smiled, this had been a very good day and it felt good not having to be inside all the time, I turned my face to Elizabeth, she smiled at me and cuddled closer to me “are you cold?” I asked, she nodded and I wrapped my arm around her, she smiled and we just sat there and looked at the sky, it was a nice moment, but it ended too quick and soon it had gotten really cold outside and our clothes where still wet, so we decided to go home, I still held her tight trying to keep her warm as we walked “Erik?” she asked as we had gotten to Verena’s house, I looked at her “yes?” she stopped walking and looked at me not sure what to say “ehm… Erik… it… it was a really nice day… and I just… I just want to tell you that… that I li-…” she mumbled “that, what? Are you okay?” I asked and took her hands in mine, she looked down on them and then she just been forward and kissed me, at first I was shocked but then I returned the kiss, he closed our eyes, it was a very passionate and loving kiss and I needed no more words to understand that we both felt the same about each other. I gently ran my fingers through her long and soft hair, and we both probably could have just stayed like this forever, that if the door wouldn’t have opened just in that moment, we broke apart and found Verena standing in the door, face bright red and holding a bag of trash, she mumbled a quick sorry and ran inside again, leaving us there, laughing like crazy…

Elizabeth’s POV

We just laughed for several minutes and when we went inside the first thing we found was Verena hiding her face in her hands and Rosie running to us “did you kiss?!” she said, well great, the news are already spreading!! I just nodded being too tired to come up with a lie “I knew it! Mom, you owe me money, I was right! They did get a couple!!” she said and walked over to her mother, I just starred at them, they had made it to a bet if I and Erik would end up as a couple?!

But Rosie had been right as always, we did get a couple and it was quite nice actually, Erik was very loving and cute and I really loved him, and we often went out for a walk, and Erik finally started to go without the hat and robe all the time, he always joked that next to a pretty girl like me no one even gave him a single glance. We had also started to look for our own place to stay as we didn’t want to disturb Verena too much. But we hadn’t had much luck yet. Otherwise it all been just great

Erik’s POV

I walked through the hall of the big house, thinking, it was still early in the morning and I was the only one awake, I had been awake for a long time now, since me and Elizabeth became more then friends I been scared that I maybe wasn’t good enough for he and I have been obsessed with making her happy, and even if she had told me that she was the happiest girl alive when I was close to her, I felt a need to make her happier; so I had been thinking for the past few weeks on how to surprise her, but nothing was good enough!! So now I was walking to Verena’s bedroom door, I felt stupid, normally I didn’t like to ask for help but Verena had known Elizabeth since she was just a child, so if someone than Verena knew what Elizabeth liked… I take a deep breath and knocked before walking in, she had sit up in her bed and just glared at me with a tired look on her face “what?! I hope it’s important! I was sleeping!! This is the second time you wake me up!!” she said and rubbed her eyes “I’m sorry, but I have to talk about something with you… if you want I can get you a cup of coffee…” I said, she glared at me “can’t that wait till later…?” she said and I shook my head, she sighed and then followed me into the kitchen, she sat down by the table and I made her a cup of coffee, she gladly took it and I sat down next to her “I’m sorry but I didn’t want anyone else to hear…” I started as sipped on the hot coffee “I wanted to surprise Elizabeth with something special, but I don’t know what…” I said, she glared “you wake me up for this??!” she said angrily, I nodded and she sighed “ehm… don’t you know anything? I mean you lived with her for several months…” when I shook my head she sighed again and took another sip of coffee “jewelry, maybe? Or a song? I mean, you’re the great genius here, just write something for her…” she said and I shook my head again “no, I want it to be perfect! I write songs all the time, that nothing special…” I said, she thought about something and the suddenly a big smile formed on her lips “just take her to the carnival!"

okay, so this will probably be a really long story as i have planned to make a "a few years later" but i'm maybe going to make that an other story, and at last they are together! yay! if i make a part 2 story than it will only be 2-3 maybe 4 more chapters on this one! (for you who read a vampires slave, don't worry i will update soon)