~ baby blues ~

Today, Shane was wearing his favourite baby blue sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, a white rose flower crown, white converse, and of course, light blue nails to go with his sweatshirt. He smiled to himself in the mirror and ran his fingers through his unkempt hair. He liked the messy look of his hair. It made it seem like he hadn't put too much effort into his appearance, even though he had.

He sat down on his queen sized bed in his Tumblr inspired room, grabbed his laptop and waited patiently for his boyfriend to arrive. They weren't doing anything particularly exciting today; just watching some shows on Netflix and cuddling, which sounded perfect to Shane right now. He wasn't feeling his best today. He didn't know if he was coming down with something or if he was just having a dip in his mood, but either way, he needed ice cream and cuddles. And as if his mind were being read, he heard a quiet knock on his door. Before he could answer, the door was being opened and in came his boyfriend.

"Hey, colourful." Ryland smiled and plopped down on the bed next to him. "Hey, Ry." Shane said softly, smiling at the boy next to him. "How are you?" He asked, moving his laptop to the side. "Eh," Ryland shrugged. "I'm doing well I guess. How are you?"

"Not too great," Shane whispered, sinking down on the bed and getting comfortable in Ryland's arms. Ryland looked down at him, concern filling his face and just as he opened his mouth to say something, Shane interrupted him. "I'm not sure why. I think I might be coming down with a cold or something."

Ryland pouted and ran his fingers through Shane's hair, being careful not to disrupt the flower crown balancing on top of his head. "Have you taken any medicine?" Shane shook his head and buried his face in Ryland's chest. "If you feel any worse, please take something. Okay?" "Okay." Shane mumbled, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep unwillingly, in the comfort of Ryland's arms.

He awoke less than an hour later to the sound of his favourite show's theme tune playing in the background. "Hey!" Shane mumbled tiredly, "You're watching it without me?" he pouted, looking up at Ryland. "No, I'm watching the one that you watched without me!" Ryland corrected. "Oh...oh, that's okay then." Shane smiled, un-tucking himself from the cream coloured blanket he was wrapped in. He sat up, leaning his back against the headboard of his bed and rested his head against Ryland's shoulder. "Did you have a nice nap?" Ryland asked, wrapping his arm around Shane's waist. "Mhm, I feel a lot better now." He said, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and stretching his arms out. "Good."

"I really like this colour on you," Ryland said as he grabbed hold of Shane's hand and played with his fingers. "It matches your mood, too" "What d'you mean?" Shane asked, tilting his head. "Well you're not feeling too good today, so you've got the blues- baby blues."

Shane giggled and laced his fingers with Ryland's. "You and your 'jokes' are so stupid." He mumbled, shaking his head. "You still laughed though." "Yeah, because it was so dumb I couldn't help myself."

Ryland tutted to himself and gently squeezed Shane's hand, looking at him with a smile. "You love me and my jokes!" "Sure I do, Ry, sure I do." He whispered sarcastically, which earned him a tickle to the ribs. "No! Stop! I'm sorry! I love you! And I love your jokes! I promise!" He shouted out quickly, as Ryland's fingers dug into his sensitive skin.

Ryland couldn't contain his laughter as he watched the boy, who was now beneath him, scream and squirm trying to get out of his grip. After a few more moments of torture, he finally stopped tickling Shane. Both boys were now out of breath and panting, but for different reasons. Shane; for being nearly tickled to death by his boyfriend. And Ryland; for laughing so hard at Shane that he couldn't breathe properly.

"You're a horrible person, Ryland, a really horrible person." Shane said dramatically, trying to hide the smile that was fighting to come out. Instead of saying a witty comment back, Ryland simply raised his hands and threated to tickle him again and that was enough for Shane to take back everything he just said.

"Well hey, it seems like you don't have the blues anymore." Ryland smirked. "Go home." Shane teased, setting both boys off into a fit of giggles.

They spent the rest of the night like that- watching tv and poking fun at each other. It was just a casual day for the two of them. Nothing special- though they did order a pizza for dinner so that was pretty damn special if Shane did say so himself.