~ pink princess ~

Shane was wearing a pink sweatshirt today, with matching nails, light blue denim skinny jeans with the bottoms cuffed up and his white vans. He didn't feel like wearing a flower crown today. Mainly because his hair was very curly this morning and he liked the look of it without flowers covering it.

Ryland had stayed the night, which was perfectly fine with both of their parents, as per usual. They were rarely ever apart from each other. Either Shane was spending the night at Ryland's, or Ryland was spending the night Shane's. Very rarely did they ever sleep alone.

"Good morning, princess." A groggy voice said from the bed. Shane, who was sat at his desk across the room, turned his head and gave the tired boy a bright smile. "G'morning, Ry." He said, standing up from his chair and walking over to the comfy bed. He placed a soft kiss on Ryland's cheek after climbing on the bed and sitting cross legged next to his body. Ryland rolled over so he was lying on his back and pulled Shane onto his lap. "Hiya," Shane giggled, looking down him. "Hiya, baby." He replied, his morning voice in full swing.

"D'ya wanna do anything today?" Shane asked, gently grazing his finger up and down Ryland's jawline. "I don't mind..." Ryland whispered, falling into a sort of trance under Shane's touch. "I'd be fine just lying here all day with you," He added. Shane groaned quietly and cupped Ryland's face in his hands. "But we did that yesterday. I wanna go somewhere or do something." "Like what?" "I don't know, you decide."

Ryland sighed and thought to himself about what they could do. "We could go down to the flower meadow?" "Yeah! Let's do that! I wanna do that!" Shane shouted excitedly. Well 'shouted'. It wasn't exactly loud for everyone else- it was more like usual volume for talking- but for him that was shouting. They had been to the flower meadow many, many times before but every time they went, Shane acted like it was their first time. Ryland giggled, watching the boy above him bounce up and down on his lap with a big smile on his face.

He loved watched the way his eyes lit up when he was excited and the way his cheeks puffed out slightly from the big grin on his face. He loved the dimples by his mouth and the way sometimes his tongue would poke out between his teeth when he was really happy. He loved watching happiness unfold in Shane's face and throughout his body. It was one of his favourite things and he was honoured to be able to make Shane feel like this so often.

Ryland ushered Shane to get off him so he was able to get out of bed and get dressed. He walked over to his bag and pulled out some clothes to wear- black skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt and a pair of grey vans. He moved over to the mirror and fixed up his bed hair the best he could, but failed miserably. He looked at Shane, (who was still bouncing on the bed), through the mirror and smiled at him.

They finished getting ready for their little adventure; packing their bags, brushing their teeth and grabbing a few snacks to eat on the way. And with that, they left. The drive to the flower meadow wasn't too far, but far enough for Shane to drop off to sleep to the sound of the car engine running and Ryland's quiet singing.

"Baby boy? Wake up, we're here now." Ryland spoke gently, rubbing circles on Shane's cheek. He got a grunt in response and just as he was about to try again, the sleepy boy opened his eyes and looked outside the car window. "Oooh, pretty," He whispered, still half asleep. "You sure are." Ryland chimed in, softly pinching Shane's cheek between his thumb and finger, causing him to blush and turn his gaze away from the flowers outside and to the boy sitting next to him. "Oh stop it..." He mumbled, embarrassed. Ryland laughed quietly and placed a soft kiss on the tip of Shane's nose. "C'mon then, let's go pick some flowers."

Shane skipped through the hundreds of flowers, of all different shapes and shades of colours, feeling each one tickle against his ankles. He picked a small, pink hibiscus, and tucked it behind his ear. "Very nice," Ryland complimented, focusing his attention on Shane and not on the dozens of white and yellow coloured flowers that surrounded him. He was making a small bouquet, consisting of buttercups and daisies, for Shane to take home. He had even brought along a pale cream coloured ribbon to hold the flowers together.

While Ryland was busy with that, Shane kept himself occupied by dancing to the songs in his head through the river of colour beneath his feet. He spun around, arms stretched out to the side, feeling the cool wind in his hair, with a relaxed and happy smile on his face. His eyes were shut as the sunlight cascaded down onto his face illuminating his beautiful features. There wasn't a cloud in sight and the peaceful humming of birds in the background made everything just that much better.

And Ryland was sure couldn't have fallen any deeper in love with him than he did right there.

They spent the rest of the day running around, laughing and sharing sweet kisses with one and other. Ryland had brought his guitar with him so as he sang songs, Shane danced around him looking the happiest he had ever looked.

They stayed till dusk, allowing them to watch the watercolour sunset together. The ways the pinks mixed with the purples, effortlessly creating beautiful shades of colour left both boys awestruck. They had never seen anything so beautiful- well, other than each other, of course.

On the drive back home, Shane had fallen asleep, yet again. It was almost impossible for him to stay awake for an entirety of a car journey but Ryland didn't seem to mind. He quite enjoyed it really. They were together nearly 24/7, so car journeys were like their time alone, even though they were right next to each other. Though he wouldn't be against Shane staying up and keeping him company while he drove through the desolate country roads.

They were now back at Shane's house, tucked up in bed with a plate of home baked cookies (thanks to Shane's mother), a cup of hot coco with whipped cream and marshmallows, and a Disney princess movie playing on the tv in the background.

When everything was finished with, the candles were blown out and the fairy lights were turned off. The two boys got undressed and climbed back into bed, immediately cuddling each other. Shane's head rested on top of Ryland's shirtless chest and he began drawing small patterns with his fingers onto the skin of Ryland's stomach.

"I had a really good time with you today, Ry." He whispered quietly, moving his head so he could look up at his boyfriend. "I had a nice time with you too, princess." Ryland whispered back, running his fingers through Shane's hair and tucking it behind his ear. "Now c'mon, it's nearly eleven and we need to sleep." He added, pulling his hand away from Shane's hair and moving it down to his back where he began stroking up and down Shane's spine.

Shane shivered, goose bumps forming on his skin as Ryland's fingers grazed across his back. Nodding his head gently, he closed his eyes. He mumbled a quiet "love you", earning one in return, before they drifted off to sleep in the embrace of each other's warmth and sounds of comforting breaths.