~ pretty peachy ~

It was a peach coloured sweatshirt day today. It was a calm colour and that's what Shane loved about it. It wasn't an in your face, look at me, type of colour. It was very subtle but beautiful. Much like Shane himself.

They were back at the flower meadow, but this time they had brought a picnic along with them. A bright yellow blanket was set down on the ground and a basket of food was placed in the middle with each boy sat either side of it. One by one, each item of food was pulled out from the basket and set on top of the blanket. And soon enough nearly every inch of yellow was covered in different foods. Fruits, vegetables, cakes, sandwiches, drinks, cookies; just about anything they wanted was there.

They laughed and joked around, fed each other food and occasionally stole a kiss from the other. Once they ate till their hearts were content, they packed away the mainly empty containers. They didn't want to leave quite yet- but they were too full up to run around in the flowers- so they laid back on the blanket and looked up at the bright blue sky, telling each other what each cloud reminded them of.

"Hey Ry?" Shane said, looking over to the side to take a look at Ryland. "Yeah?" He replied, looking back at Shane. "Have you ever, um, thought about moving out of your parent's house? You know, to live with someone else? Like with someone you loved?" Shane asked, a dark blush appearing on his face. Ryland was surprised by Shane's question. Of course he had pondered the thought of moving into a house with Shane, it sounded like a dream. But was he ready? Were they ready?

"Er, yeah I guess. I mean doesn't everyone think about that at some point or another? But I mean, it's a big thing to do, you know? It's a scary thing to do. But I want to do it sooner than later. I don't want to still be living off my parents when I'm in my thirties" He laughed, Shane joining in to. "I do really want to live with you though. Just not yet." Ryland smiled sympathetically, afraid he had hurt Shane's feelings.

"Don't worry; I'm not ready for it either. I just wanted to know if you would do it in the future or not." Shane smiled with a small sparkle in his eyes. Well at least he wasn't the only one thinking about it. That would have been awkward.

"So when would you wanna move out?" Ryland asked, not ready to ditch the conversation. "Maybe in the next couple of years. I want to be out by twenty two." Shane answered, turning his gaze back up to the sky and closing his eyes. "I just want to be independent. Have my own place, hopefully with you," He blushed, but continued. "Maybe with a dog and a nice garden. And I know I'm young, but I want to start getting my life together before I'm too old. But at the same time, I'm really scared about it. I don't know if I'm ready to grow up yet. You know?"

Ryland nodded, though he knew Shane couldn't see him. He completely understood. That's exactly how he felt and to know Shane was in the same position made him feel better. And when they're ready, they'll figure out life. They'll do it in their own ways and in their own time. But they'll do it together. Like they always have.

They lay in silence for the rest of the time they stayed at the flower meadow. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. It was well needed. They needed to sort out the thoughts racing around in their minds, and when they had, they were ready to go home. Shane managed to stay awake the whole drive home which was a pleasant surprise to Ryland. They rolled the windows down, letting the wind blow through their hair, as they sang as loud as they could along to their favourite songs.

They had gone to Ryland's house today. They thought they would give Shane's family a break as they had been there for the past few days, so now it was Ryland's family's turn to put up with them.

When they got inside, they said a quick hello to Ryland's parents before heading straight up to his room. Ryland's room was a lot different to Shane's. It was mainly monochrome with a touch of colour, whereas Shane's room was mainly colourful with a touch of monochrome.

They put their backpacks down and sat down on the bed. Ryland sat in the middle of the bed with his back leaning against the headboard and Shane lay down in between his legs, with the back of his head resting upon Ryland's crotch. Ryland's hands naturally fled to play with Shane's hair, twirling the locks between his fingers. Shane's eyes fluttered close and a quiet sigh left his mouth. This is where he felt at home. Not in this room or in this bed- but in Ryland's lap, with his hair being played with. He felt safe here. He felt safe with Ryland.

The rest of the day concluded of them lying in bed talking till the early hours of the morning, until Shane fell asleep against his will. He wanted to stay up and chat to Ryland some more, but his body seemed to want something else- which wasn't surprising as it was nearly four in the morning. Ryland fell asleep a little later as he was too busy admiring Shane's beauty as he slept, for he was so beautiful yet so unaware of it.