Chapter 1

Kim's POV:

It felt like an earthquake. Wait. Nope, just my brothers. They HAD to wake me up this early. My bed shook like crazy, obviously they wanted to annoy me. I heard Darry's voice but it wasn't that clear, "wake up kiddo." "WHYYY," I groaned, "It's not even a school day." "Do you want to miss the bacon," Soda asked with a cocked eyebrow. As soon as he mentioned bacon I jumped up, pushed the boys out, closed my door threw on sweatpants because I was freezing, brushed my hair and threw it up into a messy bun. I was about to go into the bathroom when Pony ran into it right before I stepped into the door and slammed it shut, locking it behind him. I screamed "PONYBOY MICHAEL CURTIS I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU WHEN YOU COME OUT OF THERE," banging on the door. I walked downstairs to see the gang, my family if you would. As soon as I went to take a piece of bacon I felt someone's arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up twist me and threw me over their shoulder having me dangle. I knew it was Dally as soon as he said "mornin doll." "Mornin Dal," I said with a laugh.

He put me down and I finally got a piece and sat down in my chair at the table. Of course on the other end was Steve shoving chocolate cake down his throat. Everything was right in order. Two-Bit was watching Mickey Mouse on the t.v., Steve was eating cake, Darry was making more breakfast, Dally was smoking on the couch and also watching Mickey, Pony was reading, Soda was stealing all the bacon and o'l Johnnycake was - wait. Where was Johnny. I asked Two-Bit with a worried voice, "where's Johnny?" "We haven't seen him all this morning" he said. "Do you think he's ok?" I asked, again, in a worried voice.

I ran upstairs threw on Soda's sweatshirt because it was warmer then most of mine, and my black converse. I ran out the door without telling anyone where I was going. Thank gosh I remembered the switchblade that Two-Bit gave me for my birthday last summer, because I realized that I was alone on the streets. I ran to Johnny's terrible abusive house to hear yelling. Uh oh I said in my head, and my heart started racing.

I heard a bang and ran into the house to see Johnny on the floor tears running down his cheeks but he didn't show fear. He didn't show any emotion. Which upset me. He had blood dripping down his head and back, it was seeping through his t-shirt. His mother was screaming at him, she was obviously drunk. I guess his dad went to work or something. When she saw me  she broke out into a rage. She screamed at me and threw her shoe at my head and it hit me, surprisingly. She had a beer bottle on the table next to her so I took it spilled it out over her head and slammed it on her head. She was out like a light.

I threw my arms around Johnny and helped him up and took him to my house. My arm was wrapped around his side helping support him while we walked. When we got back everyone had worry on their faces. The first one to say anything was Pony saying "What happened, is he ok, WHAT HAPPENED?" I said "I'll explain everything after I help Johnny" So I brought him upstairs to my room and got out all the things I was going to need to patch him up.

Johnny's POV:

I don't think I showed it but I was so happy when Kim walked in that door. This might've been the worst time I've ever been beaten, I also think that this was the drunkest my mom ever was. When Kim saw me I thought I was going to start bawling, thank god I didn't because I didn't want to show I was weak, so I just let a couple hot tears run down my cheek. I was so happy when Kim knocked my mom out, I mean she's my mom and all, but I don't even know why I go back to that house, they hate me. They wouldn't care if I was dead in a ditch somewhere.

When Kim brought me to her room she started to wrap me up. Her hands were so soft and her touch was so gentle. She took off my shirt and I thought she would start crying when she saw all of the cuts. She cleaned all of the wounds than wrapped bandages tight around me, and gave me ice to soothe the pain. She made me feel so amazing I couldn't describe it. She wrapped her arms around me and just held me and I felt so safe because I knew that when I was with her, everything was gonna be ok.