Chapter 10

Johnny's POV:

I could see light coming from the window. Where was I? The Curtis house? No, somewhere else. I slowly sat up and saw I was in a hospital room, and it all came rushing back. The Socs. Where was Kim! I slowly got up from the bed and a nurse saw me and ran over saying, "no no honey, you have to stay in bed because you have a concussion." "I don't care. Take me to the room of Kimberly Curtis." I demanded. "Ok, if you do. Will you go back to bed?" "Maybe. But if you put me and her in the same room then I'll stay in bed all day." "Let's go." She said showing me to her room. She was sleeping and I laid down next to her on the hospital bed and pushed the hair out of her face, careful of not moving my head too much. "Mornin baby girl," I started. "Johnny cakes?" She asked as she reached up crying and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Easy baby, I have a concussion." "Oh Johnny, what did they do to you?" she cried. "Yea well I could ask the same." I said. "Are you gonna leave?" She asked tears streaming down her cheeks. "I told you I would always protect you didn't I?" I said. She nuzzled her head in my chest and I stroked her hair. "I asked the nurse if I could stay in the same room as you because I refused to stay in bed and not see you this morning." "He can stay in here if he wants." The nurse said from the doorway awing.

One of the other nurses reeled in another bed and put it next to Kim's. "Hey so do they know when you're gonna be able to walk again?" I asked. "They said in about 2 more days they're gonna give me crutches and I can go home and after 2 and a half weeks being on them, I have to come back here and see if I can take this stupid thing off." She said pointing to her cast. "Guess that I'm gonna be stayin here for 2 days too." I said. She nuzzled her head back in my chest and I kissed her head.

Kim's POV:

I woke up to Johnny. He was alive. A huge wave of relief washed over me. The nurse said he could stay in the same hospital room with me and I was crying the entire time. I thought I lost him. Again. I laid on his chest as he laid on the hospital bed with me. Whenever I nuzzled my head in his chest or he go to move my leg and it hurts. He would stroke my hair and say "I'm here baby girl. And I'm not going anywhere." I put my hand on his cheek and another tear fell from my eye. I don't know exactly why but I was guessing it was just being so happy to be alive and with Johnny. "What's wrong?" he asked in his sweet, soothing voice that could make me fall asleep instantly. "Nothings wrong actually I just love you," I said. "I love you too." He said then Darry walked in the room.

"Darry!" I said as loud as I could then looked back at Johnny and pressed my hand gently on his head. "Hey kiddo ya feelin any better?" He asked. "Yea, now that Johnny's with me." I said and Johnny wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead and I couldn't help but smile. "Johnny what about you?" He asked. "I just have to be easy because I have a concussion." "Feel better you two. I gotta get to work." he said then left. "Johnny, I don't want to be here." I said to him. "I know me neither but we have to if we want to get better." "But you don't get it do you?" I asked about to burst into tears. "I guess I don't so do you wanna tell me?" He said in that calming voice again. "Last time I was in a hospital," I choked. "Last time I was in a hospital, it was sitting here for hours and hours," here come the water works. "waiting for you to open your eyes. Waiting to see if I would ever get to see your eyes open and full of life again." I sobbed into Johnny's chest. "Aw, Kim it's ok. I'm here now aren't I? I'm right here. My eyes are open. Look into my eyes." he said lacing his fingers with mine. I looked up into his dark mysterious eyes and said, "but for how long? You almost died twice and I wasn't able to do anything but hope that I would see you the next day."  "I don't know but we will be together until then." He said pulling up our intertwined fingers and kissed my hand.

The rest of the day was non stop nurse room checkups and doctor progress reports. I had to go to some stupid "moving" activity thing where I had to get my crutches sized and I had to walk up and down the hall way with them. It really wasn't that hard. I went back to the room and Johnny was sleeping on my bed so I went onto his and fell asleep. When I woke up I heard a crash. Oh no. The gangs playing with something. I thought. I opened my eyes to most of the lights in the room off for Johnny which I was used to and Two-Bit trying to use my crutches and he crashed into the bathroom door. "Hey, Two can I help you with something?" I said with a faint laugh. "Is Johnny sleeping?" I asked Pony. "Nope. He just asked if you were 5 minutes ago." Pony said.