Chapter 7

Kim's POV:

I woke up to someone pushing the hair out of my face and putting it behind my ear, Johnny. I said "mornin Johnny" and stretched. "Ow," I complained, I forgot about what happened to my knee, so when i tried to straighten it out, it hurt like heck. "Are you ok?" Johnny asked with a worried face. I pulled my knee out from under the covers and said "my knee remember," trying to get up. He pointed to something at the bottom of my bed, clothes. "I.." he scratched the back of his neck. "I picked clothes out for you so you dont have to worry about anything." "Thanks Johnnycakes," I said and kissed his cheek.

I went into the bathroom and changed and what he picked out was something I would usually wear in the mornings and late at night. He got a pair of my sweatpants and a crop top and gave me the old sweatshirt that Soda gave me because it didn't fit him anymore. I put my hair up into a high ponytail and tied it tight, my hair is so thick that if I didn't tie it tight in a bunch of hair bands, it would fall down instantly. I headed downstairs and Pony said he was going to go meet Caelyn today and I was happy because they are so cute together. That is, he would only go if he wasn't to fed up with his books. Soda didn't have to go to work today which made me all excited because for once, I got to hang out with him for the whole day. Until, she came a long. He told me "I can hang out with you until 2:00 because I have to go meet this girl Sam I met." "Really. You'd rather spend your one day off with a girl you barley know rather then your sister. Oh, ok I get it." I ran back upstairs crying slammed my door shut and locked it. I slid down the door hugging my knees. Bawling.

I'm the second bawl baby of the family, I get it from Soda. Soda cries all the time. I cry less then him, but I still cry a lot, but no body knows. Like I said, you have to keep everything inside or else your shown as weak. I heard a knock on my door and heard "Hey Kim can I come in." It was Soda. "No, go away. Go to your stupid girlfriend instead." "Kim, please can I come in and talk to you." "Fine," I said and opened the door. " Come here" he said and I sat next to him on my bed and put his arm around me. "You know, just cause I'm going to go see another girl, doesn't mean I don't want to hang out with you. It's just.... your my sister and I get to see you every night and every morning. She's, she's a real nice girl that I think you would love. And I promise, next time you want me to stay home from work or I have a day off, it will be all about you and me. Ok?" "Yea that sounds pretty good, now go get ready for your date." I laughed and hugged him. "Thanks sis your the best" and ran into the bathroom to grease his hair. And check if he was still "movie star" handsome.

Soda's POV:

When I told Kim about meeting Sam she flipped out. I guess she really missed me when I was always gone for work. I mean I see her almost every morning and every night. But I guess she just wanted to spend quality time with her closest big brother, I get it. But that's no reason that I can't try to hook up with a girl, and she needs to understand that. I think I know what she's afraid of, because we think alike. She thinks that she's gonna lose me if I start going out with Sam and she doesn't want to lose anyone else in her life. I feel the same way, but then again I'm older and I can do what I want and she has to understand that. Now if I tell her like that, then she'll hate me even more. What do I do now?

Kim's POV:

I went back down the stairs and Dally made fun of me because my eyes were all red and puffy from crying before. "Dal I wouldn't start with her." Johnny said and held his arms opened while he was sitting on the floor watching Mickey with Two-Bit. I moped over to him and sat on his lap and hugged him, he was the only one that made me feel better when I was mad or sad about one of my brothers. I sat forward on the ground in front of Johnny, having my back lean on his chest and his arms around my neck. We watched Mickey and when I looked over at Two-Bit he was trying to balance his shoe on a beer can. "Hey Two, you get it to balance?" I laughed and the shoe fell again. "Hey, Kim" Steve said. "Yea," I said and looked back at him. "I think Pony's in your room or something" he said. "WHAT!" I screamed and jumped up. "PONY GET OUT OF MY ROOM." I screamed and ran upstairs. "How do you handle her?" Steve said to Johnny with a laugh. Johnny shrugged.