35

MICKEY

Ian stomps towards me angrily,  a paper in his hand being aggressively tattered by the wind. Dust flies all around as I take a piss, it's so dry here that it practically disintegrates after hitting the ground.  I can see the lust in Ian's eyes as my heart starts to beat faster and I become more intimidated the closer he gets.

He comes to a halt and holds a flyer in front of my face. After focusing my vision, I can easily read, 'Call 312-746-6000 if you have seen this man, Mikhailo Aleksander Milkovich.' A big WANTED lingers above a freakishly accurate sketch of me, and Ian's eyebrows furrow in anger.

"What the fuck?!" He shouts, spit flying on my face as his normally alienated, pale skin turns beet red. He softens his voice, asking, "What'd you do?" His tone is sad and desperate for answers, which makes me agitated.

"That's why I didn't want you to fucking come!" I shout in response, pulling on my hair as I grunt loudly in frustration.

"Because you have a fucking ransom! Why didn't you tell me, Mickey?" He looks me deep in the eye and I can barely hear the intoned mumble that escapes his lips. "We're supposed to trust each other."

I'm not sure what about that lights my fire, but I go off on a tangent. "So what, I'm wanted in the whole fucking country! That's why I'm leaving!" I yell, throwing my hands up in exasperation. "I'm always in trouble, it's what I do! I was born gay just like I was born a jailbird!" I take a deep breath and a tear threatens to spill over my cheek as I scream, "I'm fucking broken, Ian!"

Ian looks down at the ground, clears his throats and looks back up at me. I can see the gears in his mind shifting, trying to come up with a conclusion to my insanity. That's when it hits him. He shakes his head vigorously, and reaches for my shirt collar. "You fucking killed him, Mickey. You fucking murdered him!" His words pin me to the wall more than his grip, which is intimidatingly fierce.

My face reddens, my ears getting fiery hot and a flame ignites in my chest as I grab Ian's throat. I grip and tense my hands around his neck until my knuckles are as white as a ghost. His feet continue to kick and his body squirms under my tight hold, my breathing intensifying as his becomes scarce. He gasps for air and I continue to squeeze until my brain ticks, a little switch being flicked. I release my hand, looking down at it as Ian falls to the ground.

Shouldn't have let go, she tells me and I swat at the air.
"Get out of my brain!" I scream, my breathing heavy and my knees becoming weak.

I open my mouth to say something else but all I get are salty tears that spill over my cheeks and fall onto my tongue. I wheeze and struggle to get air but my body refuses to let me overcome this. I almost killed Ian. The love of my life just almost died in my vicious hands.

Ian stares at me in shock, saying he looks confused is an understatement. He's fucking disoriented. My shoulders shake and my muscles tense and relax as I silently sob in my hands. Falling onto my knees, I throw my head onto the ground and beat it with my fist, still struggling to get air into my drained lungs.

"Mick." Ian hushes out, rushing over to me and rubbing my back. I grab onto his forearm, gripping onto it with the small amount of life that is left in my fragile physical state. I choke on the tears escaping my eyes until, finally, I can't cry anymore. Ian lends me a hand, offering to help me up, but I refuse it.

I push myself upward and Ian follows me as I point to the road ahead, a big gate with police offers surrounding it. Cars drive in and out and Ian looks at me, glancing somberly. "That's where I'm going." I gesture for the backpack that Ian is holding as he looks at me suspiciously. "Jesus fuck, Ian. It's not a glock it's a fucking dress and a wig from Ross." He hesitantly hands the bag over and I pull out a frilly floral dress, ripping off my tank top and throwing it on. The wind rustles the skirt and I feel naked with my bare legs showing. I put on some shit heels and, to complete the look, I whip out some dangling earrings.