XVI: A Slug A Day Keeps The Eye Doctors Away

A/N: Before I start this chapter I just want to say thank you for all the responses and suggestions you guys gave, it all means so much to me. Honestly, I don't think that I would have been able to type this chapter without your help. Thanks again, and just beginning note, keep in mind that I'm trying my best with this chapter, and I actually researched some stuff, so if I get any of the jutsu wrong please just let it slide.

I know the title is weird......I just couldn't think of anything.

&$&$&$&$&$&&$&$&$&&$&&$&$&$&$&$&$&

"Who's there?" Kabuto asked again through gritted teeth. Naruto looked up at Sasuke with worried eyes.

'Wait' Sasuke mouthed as he looked down at Kabuto. Kabuto, with an irritated look on his face, growled and started doing hand signs. Before anyone could attempt to stop him, he cast a jutsu.

"Earth Release: Rock Lodging Destruction." Kabuto said. After awhile, nothing happened, so Naruto quietly pulled something out of his pouch and handed it to Sasuke. Sasuke nodded to Naruto as Kabuto picked up a pebble and took a couple steps towards the cave opening. Tossing the pebble in the air and catching it twice, Kabuto sent it flying into the cave. After a few seconds, the cave began to crumble and Sakura's chakra flared, and went unhidden. Sasuke threw the smoke bomb Naruto handed him just as Naruto shouted.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" The clones jumped down from Naruto and Sasuke's hiding spot and ran to where Sakura was, being hidden by the smoke. Kabuto stood in the middle of the smoke, waiting, sensing the three unfamiliar chakra that was traveling in the room. The chakra that was in the cave opening alone was now surrounded by two smaller chakras. 'Clones' he concluded, even though it was pretty obvious after hearing the shout.

"Wind Release: Air Current Wild Dance." Kabuto said calmly, moving his hands to blow the smoke away. Kabuto caught a flash of pink before the room cleared. The cave entrance was sealed in with many different size rocks, but nothing else was noticeable.

At first.

"Tarko-san, go lock the third seal."

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&&$&$&$

"Are you okay Sakura?" Sasuke asked as soon as they got a far enough away from Kabuto.  Sakura looked up at him.  Naruto's shadow clone had gotten to her just seconds before the cave ceiling above her collasped.  Of course she had a couple of scrapes from the falling rocks and rushing to get out, but other than that she looked fine.

"Yea, I'm good.  Lets get back to the entrance of this corridor.  We still don't know if Kabuto is following us."  Sasuke looked behind them, but realized that it wouldn't help because his sharingan was deactivated.  "Katsuyu-chan and Gamatatsu are waiting for us.  I don't want them getting worried." Sakura said and Naruto nodded. 

"Lets get out of here." Naruto said as he started to sprint to the exit.  Sasuke looked at Sakura and followed after her.

"Naruto-san, Sasuke-san, Sakura-san are you three okay?" Katsuyu asked as they reached the room where the three corridors met. 

"We're fine Katsuyu, we need to leave though.  Now." Sasuke said.

"Why?  What's going on?" Gamatatsu asked while being lifted onto Naruto's shoulder. 

"Right now we need to focus on getting away from here.  We don't want to be caught." Sakura said holding Katsuyu.  Sasuke led the way, retracing the steps and going back to the seal where they entered from.  Only a little bit later did they reach the opening, but the seal wasn't there.

"WHAT?" Naruto shouted.  "WHERE IS IT?"

"It was right here just hours ago.  Why is it gone?" Sakura asked.  Katsuyu looked over to Sasuke, noticing his struggling.

"Sasuke-san, you shouldn't push yourself like that.  Let me help you restore your chakra before you try and activate your sharingan again."  Sasuke sighed and nodded.  With help from Sakura, Katsuyu sat on Sasuke's shoulder and channeled her chakra to his eyes.  Sasuke closed his eyes for a couple of seconds before opening them, feeling refreshed, with the sharingan activated.  Sasuke looked around them and stared a one spot on the wall, where tiny bits of a suspicious chakra was leaking out.

"There." He pointed to the spot before deactivating his sharingan and slumping down in exhaustion.

"How can we get out of here if the seal is gone though." Naruto asked.

"The seal is still here, it's just being blocked by someone."  Sasuke said.  "So our only other way out is to blow up the place, and hope that we aren't too deep underground."  Sakura nodded.

"Naruto come on.  Let's give Sasuke some time to rest."  Naruto nodded, but grinned when he pulled a bunch of explosive tags out of his pouch.

"LET'S LIGHT THIS PLACE UP!" He shouted enthusiastically.  Sasuke rolled his eyes.

$&$&$&$&$&&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

"Kabuto-sama.  The seal has been compromised, the group will not be able to get through.  Would you like me to send a group of trackers after them?  People we can spare of course, just in cas-"

"No Tarko-san.  If you compromised the seal, then they shouldn't be able to get out.  We don't need to rush things." Kabuto said walking over to the blocked cave entrance.  Stuck between two of the rocks was a necklace, decorated with a cherry blossom tree.  Gripping the cherry blossom tree charm, Kabuto yanked it away from the rocks, and the charm came apart from the necklace. 

"What do you suggest we do then Kabuto-sama?" Tarko asked walking up behind Kabuto.  Kabuto looked down at his summoning circle. 

"Part of the circle is smudged.  That will give us a small setback, and we won't be able to attempt to summon anything for awhile.  First order of business, get the circle fixed."

"But master, we ran out of some of the ingredients for our summoning ink the last time we drew the circle." Tarko claimed.

"What are we missing, and why wasn't I informed of this until now?" Kabuto asked with a glare. Tarko shrunk back from his spot.

"We're missing slug acid, and snake scales." Tarko said.

"Get me those!" He commanded.  Just as Tarko was about to leave, Kabuto smirked.  "And Tarko," Tarko looked back cautiously.  "Don't worry about our intruders."  Kabuto looked at the charm he held.  "I have a feeling, we'll be seeing them again quite soon."

Then the sound of a faint explosion hit his ears.

&$&$&$&&$&$&$&&$&$&$&

A/N: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CHAPTER, WHATEVER CHAPTER NUMBER THIS IS, IS DONE......I haven't even put a title yet.  I'll figure one out.  It'll probably be a weird or boring chapter title......YOLOLOLOL....

I'm really hyper right now.

Peace Y'all