Panic Attack

When you were fourteen you got stuck for two days in the subway after a huge earthquake. Since then, you've been suffering panic attacks and anxiety due to claustrophobia.

Lately you haven't been getting attacks that often because you've met Cole and he makes you feel really calm with his kisses and sweet words. You never told him about your trauma because you don't want him to see you as a weak person.

Hiding your phobia from Cole is easy since you never have to take the subway and you keep away from crowds.

Taking the elevator bothered you a lot, but you managed to remain calm for those thirty seconds, so Cole never knew about your problem.

You and Cole have to reach the thirtieth floor of your hotel, so you step into the elevator. You're a little scared because the ride will be longer than half a minute, but you try and remain calm because you don't want Cole to know that you're terrified. But at the ninth floor you hear a loud clang and you start getting that terrible feeling in your stomach. Getting stuck in an elevator with Cole is the last thing you want.

"It was just a noise, this elevator is old" Cole says, noticing that you got a little scared. You nod, pushing away the terrible feeling you always get before panicking.

Five floors later the lights turn off and with a loud noise the elevator stops. You can feel your eyes grow wider and your face becoming pale. Your hands are shaking and the feeling in your stomach is back, but now it's not just a feeling, it's pure pain. You sit on the floor with your back on the wall, trying to breath slowly to make sure Cole doesn't realize what's happening.

"Don't worry, we'll be out soon. I've been stuck in an elevator before, it's really no big deal".

Your realize you're crying when a tear drops on your shaky hand. You hug your knees trying to be quiet, while breathing normally becomes harder and harder as the seconds pass. Fortunately, the elevator is too dark for Cole to see something.

Your chest starts hurting and breathing becomes too hard. You need air, so you start breathing heavily, not caring about the fact that Cole will notice anymore. Every inch of your body is shaking and you want to scream, but you can't, so you scratch your skin with your nails.

"Hey, y/n, are you okay?". You feel his hand on your shoulder and you hear his concerned voice, but it's like you are completely alone.

The lights turn back on, but the elevator doesn't start, so you start to freak out more than before.

Cole sees the terrible state you're in. You're crying, crawled in a ball on the elevator floor, with nail scratches all over your arms and neck. Cole looks shocked, the exact thing you didn't want to happen.

"Oh my god, what's happening? Tell me what's wrong". He grabs both of your shoulders and he makes you look in his eyes.

"Panic attack" you manage to say under your breath. He lifts you up and makes you sit on his lap, hugging you tight.

"You'll be fine, I promise. Just breathe and you'll be okay" he reassures you, whispering in your ear while he kisses your cheek several times.

"I can't" you cry hard, scratching again the skin on your arms until they start to bleed.

"Yes, you can. You know how to do it"

"We'll run out of air. We're stuck in a fucking metal box, there is no fresh air!" you yell, moving back and forth on his lap.

"We'll be out of here before that happens. Now breathe, please". He wipes away some of the tears on your cheeks with the sleeves of his shirt and he wraps his arms tightly around you, kissing your shoulder.

"CALL SOMEONE" you cry. Your head is dizzy and spinning because of your heavy breathing. Cole makes you sit on the floor again, taking his phone out of his pocket. While he's on the phone with someone, you feel like you're about to faint. You don't realize that it's actually happening until you hit your head on the floor and you hear Cole screaming something. He kneels beside you and starts kissing all over your face. You blink a few times and Cole makes you sit straight again, totally freaking out.

"Oh my god, y/n, I really don't know what to do". He looks like he's going to cry too and you feel so bad for making him feel that scared.

You try to hold your breath, like you've been taught to do, but it's too hard. Cole sees what you're trying to do and he slowly kisses you on the lips, deepening the kiss as he sees you're calming down. He moves away from your lips, and then he starts kissing you again. He kisses you for ten minutes straight, smiling and wiping away the tear stains on your cheeks as he breaks the last kiss.

He took your mind off of your fear of dying in a metal box, so now you're more calm. He leans against the wall beside you, hiding his face in his hands.

"Oh my god" is all he can say. Finally, the elevator starts moving. You jump on your feet, almost falling because of your dizzy head. Cole helps you stand and as soon as the doors open you run out of the elevator to the closest window. You put your head out and you put in your lungs all the fresh air you can. Cole escorts you to your bedroom. You two lay on your bed without saying a word. 

Cole wraps his arms around you and you hide your teary face in his shoulder.

"You scared me so much" he whispers. You don't know what to say, you never wanted him to know.

"I'm so sorry".

"Does that happen often?"

"Not since I met you"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to be the weak one". Cole kisses you slowly, pressing his lips on yours in his sweet way. You slowly tell him when your attacks started, being a little scared that he will not want to be with a freak.

"You're so strong" he kisses you all over your face and neck.

"I love you so much"

"I love you too"

Soo, I hope you liked it!

I was just wondering, where are y'all from? Comment down below!

I'm from the Netherlands :)

XxX