Thunderstorm

You had a comfortable evening planned for tonight. It included warm drinks, your favorite food, and catching up on a bunch of Netflix series. You'd been really busy lately and didn't really have time to do relaxing things. You grabbed your laptop and set it on the counter. Once Netflix was pulled up you saw Prison break had new episodes. Smiling, you clicked on it. 

You and Cole had been dating for a while now. He was your boyfriend, and also your best friend and you couldn't really ask for a better one.

Prison Break rung through your house as you prepared your food and sipped your drink. Everything was fine until you heard a loud clap of thunder. The cup that was once in your hand tumbled into the sink as another clap was heard, louder this time.

"Fuck this." You muttered as you quickly closed the laptop, grabbed a hoodie and basically ran out your door to your car. The drive wasn't too long but still treacherous. Rain was pouring down and the thunder was still going strong. Luckily you hadn't seen any lightning yet.

As soon as the car was parked you dashed into the storm and to the door. You frantically knocked, praying Cole would hear you. A few minutes passed until the door opened in front of you and you were dragged in.

"Y/N OH MY GOD!" He practically screamed at you. "Are you okay? Omg let me get you some of my clothes." You took off your soaked shoes and followed Cole to his room.

"You're so soaked Y/N! Why didn't you let me know you were coming over so you didn't have to stand in the rain?" Cole questioned, alarmed. Another boom of thunder was heard and you started to tear up.

"The storm.." You whimpered out, hugging your arms around you as the rain came down harder, if that was possible. 

"Hey, hey, hey," Cole spoke comfortingly. "Change into these and then we can try and distract you." He handed you a shirt of his, along with some boxers and sweatpants. Cole went to exit the room.

"Wait!" You called. Cole turned around, raising his eyebrows in a questioning way. "Will you.. Stay in here? I'm really scared Cole..." You muttered. 

"Of course baby!" Cole came closer to you, turning around and sitting down, allowing you to change into his clothes. When you got changed you felt a tad bit better. For one you weren't soaking wet anymore. Secondly, you were surrounded by Coles smell, which you liked a lot. 

"I'm done, you can turn around now." You called out to Cole, who immediately pulled you into a hug. For a few moments the thunder had subsided. You relaxed into his chest. 

Suddenly three earsplitting thunder cracks made their presence in the air, along with a lightning bolt that lit up the room. You burst into tears, burrowing your way deeper into Coles chest, if that were even possible. Quickly he swung your weeping form up into his arms. You were being carried bridal style over to his bed. 

Colee sat you down and walked over to the windows. He closed the shades so the lightning wouldn't be as noticeable. He then made a few quick phone calls and proceed to plug his phone into some speakers and turned the volume up. More thunder rolled around and you curled up into a ball, trying to make the storm go away. 

"Cole, I need you, please." You begged. He was quickly by your side. Quicker than you would of thought. 

"I'm right here Y/N," Cole said as he cradled you in his arms. "I won't ever let anything hurt you, I promise." He kissed you on the head. Suddenly music was playing from the speakers. It was loud enough so that you couldn't hear the thunder that well. You couldn't really focus on what the music was just yet, but it was calming you down quite a bit. Cole rubbing your back, holding your hand, and him singing quietly to you were also helping. 

Soon you were pretty calm and your structure was relaxed in his arms. You glanced up to look at his face. Cole sent you a kind smile, and you returned it, moving closer to his chest again. He didn't protest. 

You watched Cole mouth along with the lyrics of the song to you with a sly smile. Immediately you perked up. Legohouse was one of your favorite songs. 

"I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind" Cole and you chanted to each other, getting louder with every verse. Your eyes gazed intently at Cole as he sang the entire song for you. 

After listening to songs for a while, mostly Ed Sheeran's, you were finally tired and very calm. "Thank you so much Cole. I don't think you know how much I appreciated what you did" You got to the same height as Cole, and kissing him on the lips. You both laid down under the covers, attempting to drift off to a comfortable sleep soon. 

"You're very welcome Y/N. I'd do anything for you." He said the last part quieter, but you still heard. Cole then turned the music way down, putting it on a Spotify playlist made for sleeping, and then bringing himself under the covers, close to you. Smiling, you let out a content sigh and fell asleep.