4

Mark's POV

I sighed heavily and laid down on my bed to think. I'm glad Jack and I are talking again. I don't know how I could have reacted if he never spoke to me again... I truly care a lot about him. I've always cared about him, he's that one person who most people have that you have a feeling of needing to protect them from harms way or you just want to always know that they're okay at all times. Is there a word for that besides caring? Love? I'm not too sure myself, hell, I'm probably one of the last people that knows what love even actually is. I mean, I've slept around with half of the students at school. How the fuck would I know what love is?

Is it caring deeply for someone? Is it wanting to be with them at every waking moment? Is it wanting to make them feel that they're worth everything in the world? Is it wanting to make sure that they know they're beautiful and perfect in every way possible? I don't fucking know. Jack is the only one who I've had those feelings for, currently.

"Siri, what is love?" I carelessly asked the dumb bitch on my phone.

"I am a robot for the glorious company, 'Apple', how would I know? Would you like me to search up 'What is love'? on the web?" She robotically sassed. I shook my head and placed my phone in my pocket. Why did I even bother to ask?

I got up from my bed and grabbed a dark grey and red sweatshirt that was in my drawer. I walked to the door of my room and quietly opened it, sneaking out. It was about ten-thirty PM so my step-mom would be asleep already. I tiptoed across the hallway, cringing slightly as the wooden floors creaked loudly in the quiet room. I dismiss it and started walking quicker to the front door, opening it and escaping my house.

I started walking to an old park that I remembered my dad took me to when I was a little kid. I still recall the first day we went there, when I was seven. It was one of my foundest memories of us being together. He went through a surgery back then and it put him in a coma for a month. That month was so terrible, everything seemed like it would fall apart. I'm so lucky he's alive still but, I can get very emotional over it, years later.

I didn't realize that I started crying and that I was already at the park. I sat down on a bench and felt the memories flowing back to me.

"Mark! Don't swing too high, you'll fall and break something!" Daddy giggled as I flew up into the great, blue sky!

"But, I'm flying dad! " I whined as I went farther and farther and farther into the air!

"If you slow down then you can have a bowl of ice cream!" Dad convinced me. I slowed down and carefully jumped off of the swing.

We walked next to each other to the ice cream stand and I pulled in his hand.

"Daddy, that boy looks sad, can we buy him some ice cream?" I frowned as I pointed to the kid.

"Sure, baby. Two chocolates and a vanilla cone please." My daddy spoke to a blue haired man. He had funny hair. I liked it a lot! ((Want some heroine on that cone?))

Dad paid for the ice cream and handed me one vanilla and one chocolate. "Offer him one of them."

"Okay!" I smiled brightly, grabbing the two cones.

"Hi! My daddy and I saw they you were sad. Want one?" I said, sitting next to the quiet boy. He looked up and smiled at me.

"Sure! Thank you uh.. what's your name?" The kid quietly said. I handed him the chocolate cone and he licked it messily.