7

Jack's POV

Mark Fischbach asked me if I wanted to skip class.

What if I say yes?

What if I say no?

What if I don't say anything and just run away and cry because I can't understand my feelings? Yes, going with that option.

"Jack," I hear Mark's soft voice as I started to shake. "What's wrong?" His eyebrows furrowed inwards as he put a hand on my cheek.

"I- I can't do this. I have to go." I muttered, staring at the ground as if it was the most interesting and captivating thing ever. I slipped out of the cramped place before Mark could protest and ran.

I ran and I ran until my lungs ached and my legs slowed down on its own. I saw the familiar swing sets and walked over to them. As soon as I sat down, tears poured out and soaked my-Mark's jacket sleeves. I was only alone for a few moments until I heard the sound of feet hitting the wood-chips on the ground.

I looked up and met his chocolate brown eyes.

"Mind if I sit?" Mark's voice rang in my ears. I gave a small nod and I heard the swing next to me creak slightly.

"Talk to me, please," Mark begged, cautiously placing his hand in mine.

"I don't deserve any of this, I don't deserve being happy or being able to fall in love or anything! I especially don't deserve being with you. You're too perfect and a kind person who has obviously the prettiest eyes in the world and..." I saw his lips tug up into a smile as I finished rambling. He got up from the swing and faced me.

"What? Oh god I said too much. Or maybe I didn't say enou-" Mark's lips cut me off and I immediately responded. I felt his tongue skim the bottom of my lip. I parted them slightly and let him take over. I quietly moaned as his soft lips worked on mine.

He pulled away too soon and panted softly.

"I want to be with you, do you want to be with me? Say yes and I'll be yours." Mark whispered. I got up from the swing set and engulfed him with a hug that made us both fall.

"I want to be with you." I smiled as I laid on top of him. Mark held onto me and kissed my cheek.

"Since we've established that... may I take you on a date?" Mark asked as I got off of him.

"Right now?" I asked as panic rose. I've never been on a date... How do dates work?

"Well, if you want. We can go to lunch and I know a good place to take you afterwards." He smirked as my cheeks heated up. I nodded and then he took my hand.

"Let's go then."